A question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by khanyash, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

My C - Users - User Name folder was corrupted so I took the ownership with TakeOwnership program & User Name folder opens & fine now. But will this affect any program especially security products i.e Antivirus, Internet Security, etc?

Win 7 64 Eng

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Just taking ownership shouldn't affect anything. The Permissions are what you have to be concerned with. Changing ownership shouldn't have affected any of the current Permissions, but if you have any problems just check them and adjust as necessary. I've taken ownership of a whole lotta stuff in Windows. Makes life a lot more enjoyable. :D

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

4. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

From the information on that site it only takes ownership. None of your permissions should have been affected and your security software should be okay, but if you ever want to check or change permisions, right-click the folder>Properties>Security tab. Be careful about changing permissions, it can prevent programs from working if you get it screwed up. Just always make a mental note or write down any settings before changing them so you can change them back if necessary.

5. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

The owner has security implications. If that weren't true, why else would it be used for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.