A question to Opera users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

In IE8, the Favorites bar shows selected webslices, bookmarks, RSS Feeds and even different folders containing them.

In Opera, I think that the equivalent of the IE8's Favorites bar is the Personal bar, which, unfortunately, only shows selected bookmarks and is therefore very limited.

I'm trying to use Opera 10.6 as my main browser, at least until IE9 beta comes out. But it's way harder and time consuming to read my RSS Feeds on Opera Mail Feeds tab.

So here is my question: how can I show RSS Feeds directly in some Opera toolbar/panel? Is there some kind of possible hidden customization?

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I don't use feeds or Opera mail, but once you subscribe you will get a 'Feeds' menu entry from where you can manage your feeds. I just tried it and it works well in 10.60. See sshot.

Feeds.png

3. guest

guest Guest

Well I just discovered that the Mail Panel shows RSS Feeds, although when you click in one of them it opens the Opera Mail Feeds tab instead of simply showing a menu with the latest headlines...

This isn't what I wanted: all you did was eliminate the Menu button and replace it with the Menu bar.

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

The best place to ask this sort of question would def be the Opera forum.

5. guest

guest Guest

Indeed.

After visiting Opera forum, I now understand that the thing I want is, in fact, the "firefox live bookmarks" concept, which is simply nonexistent in Opera - although several users already suggested its inclusion.

+ it appears that Opera has some bug that makes the Mail Panel option become grayed, consequently making the Mail Panel with the RSS Feeds unaccessible.

Untitled.jpg
    This is very weird, because I was able to use it some hours ago. Already searched in Opera Forums for a solution and only found bug reports.

So, I'm sticking with IE8.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.