a question about outpost firewall 7?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

hi
    i've decided to test outpost fw 7 and it's been 1 day since i installed it. my question is:
    when i use any one of my privacy cleaner/eraser softwares, at some point, op fw gives a pop-up warning telling me that the cleaner app is trying to modify another app or thing, and asking me whether i'd like to add this cleaner app as an exception to "application guard's exclusions list". should i allow it to add those privacy apps to exclusions, or it'd be unsafe/dangerous to do that?
    thanks.
    p.s.: normally, i don't use a sw fw, this is for testing purpose only.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

This type of pop -up is normal when first using a SW FW.

What you need to do is answer if you want to allow these powers to your cleaner tools.

Do you know trust these tools? If you have used them before they have already done these tasks it is just that now you know!

If you got them from a reputable vendor the approval should be okay.

A name of the cleaner product would help.

3. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

just allow it i have r wipe and clean and i had to allow that too the firewall is just doing its job
    it is a great firewall i have a lic for the pro version lifetime lic for 3 computers
    just to give you some info i have windows 7 64 bit and windows 7 32 bit and xp 32 bit and all three run great and been very happy using outpost i got a lifetime lic last year hope that helps you a little

4. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Well since this topic is about questions :p I have one too. I'm having alerts often about ctfmon modifing aplication memory. The thing is I need ctfmon on. Because I play japanese games often. To shut it off I turned off process memory injection alerts. Is it ok to do that or is theres another way to suppress alerts about ctfmon ?

5. Escalader

Based on what you have said here I would allow it.

Then make sure the FW rule for it blocks all incoming packets.

then put the ip address for updates in the outgoing rule.

6. Escalader

Yes that should work.

The ctfmon saga goes back a number of years. I remove it from my setup completley as i don't need it's functions.

IF I had it as an exe, I would rule restrain it so it can run but not use the www in or out.

7. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

This type of software should be trusted.Because you have used it and nothing bad happened.No reason to suspect.

8. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Tell me about it. I actually tried removing it too. But when I did I couldn't play at all :p Will the computer be too much less protected by turning off process memory modification monitor ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.