A question about drive letters

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Nikilet, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

When I backup my system with Paragon it is saved to my external HD, which was assigned the letter K.

I do not have the external on unless I am using it.

In the meantime I purchased a USB ReadyBoost flash drive, which I am using as memory. That automatically got assigned the letter K, and today when I turned on my external HD it now shows letter L. Is this going to cause any problems or confusion with backing up now? Should I attempt to change my external back to letter K, or will everything be ok as is?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it shouldn't matter unless you scheduled a task and referenced drive K: which now is not external HD. If so amend the schedule accordingly

3. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

Just assign the external HD a letter starting from the end of the alphabet such as X,Y or Z, no automatically assigned letter will be assign to that drive.

4. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

I didn't realize I'd had answers on this question and forgot about it. I did a backup and I just selected my external which is now shows up as drive "L" so I assume everything is ok. I'm not sure I understood the two answers given.

Within Paragon, my external now shows up as drive "L" so that is what I selected to save the backup to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.