A question about cleaning behaviour

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jmc777, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

The real-time scanner is detecting a virus in a file I've extracted from a RAR archive. In the little red notification pop-up in the bottom-right of the screen it tells me that NOD32 (running on default settings) is "unable to clean" this particular file. The malicious file is just sitting there untouched.

On checking the cleaning options for the real-time scanner it says...

nod.PNG

Why isn't NOD32 deleting this file automatically? o_O And as it's not deleting the file, why am I not seeing an "alert window with a list of available actions"?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

v3 or v4 ?

Please , upload the archive somewhere and give me a link to it so that I can test it with my copy of NOD32. Do tell which is the problematic file . Send me the link in a PM . Thanks in advance!

3. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

v4; default settings.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The archive contains self-extractibg archive (SFX) . That is why NOD32 does not automatically deletes the files - because only one file of the SFX (inside the SFX) is infected .

2.png

However , the problem you see is that NOD32 displays a bubble and not a pop-up windows . Well , you use v4 , I use v3.0.694 and everything is OK . Only ESET can explain why it is not working as it should

(one more reason not to use v4) ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  5. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

Ahh, that explains it. :thumb:

:eek: :p

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , yeah . I am not a big fan of v4 and I use v3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.