A question about anchoring?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by mrhero, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Hi,
    I am trialing Bootback. My system drive uses 40gb and 30gb of this is games. Is
    it OK to anchor game files at "Program Files" folder so I can play them with all snapshots.

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello fellow member. ;)

Anchoring excludes data from snapshots so that your anchored files are always up to date with your booted snapshot. So the answer to your question is yes, but take care, as some games tend to store savegames and personal profiles in My Documents (My Games) as well.

Cheers.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Anchoring anything in the Program Files folder is oh so dangerous. These are your programs and they are tied to other area's of the system. You could end up with a mess that works in neither snapshot. I would strongly urge you to stick to anchoring only things in the my documents area.

Another solution. Get another drive, internal or external. Make an archive of your big snapshot there. Then use the secondary just as an alternate place to boot, and do your updating back and forth from the primary<>archive.

If you really want your games in both snapshots, then suck it up and make a proper copy.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.