A pure heuristic antivirus software--- ByteHero

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NobleT, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I installed it and ran it too.
    I think it's just a junky scanner. Unless Prevxhelp finds otherwise, it looks like a false positive.

2. prairie dog

prairie dog Registered Member

I posted it on MBAM's forum and this what I got

3. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Translation: It's not malicious but boy is it junk. :argh:

Just kidding.

I wonder why they have opted to use Themida of all things. The Anubis scan looked pretty benign, in fact it doesn't look like it does much to the system at all.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Infected with Themida :D

A lot of malware use products such as from Oreans but not all programs that use a protection system are malware. Saying that, why is ByteHero using it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

i am sorry to that.i didn't anticipate that this software will be regard as a virus for serveral antivirus.but defenitely it is a no harmful antivirus software.though the detection is mediocre.but it is all pursued by heuristic.i stand by a security forum in china .there is a testing about this software.the detection was keeping 40-50%..Franking speaking it is not very bad for an antivirus which only rely on heuristic :oops:

6. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Sorry but I dont think I will be installing this. Here is what NIS2010 File Insight says.

Love this NIS2010 feature.

Attached Files:

7. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

IMO, all this fuzz about software only using heuristics (or even the "cloud") means nothing - at the end of the day, I think a good antimalware software is one which detects/blocks many malware in the wild (hopefully quickly), with little scope for FP or interfering with clean software, regardless of the technology it uses.

Looks like a good feature :) - whats the "origin"? - is it the file/website it came from or only the country the file came from (which is pretty useless)?

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A couple of off topic posts were removed. Stick to discussing the software please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.