a problem dot com?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by snowman, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

had no idea where to place this post...mods feel free to move accordingly

ok....I just got slammed...thats not news...but it is news when it keeps happening an the same dot com is the source.       (www.o1.com)      aka (modem.o1.com)

the slams are on port 27374......(subseven)

unfortunately...I am unable to research this dot com...every last url I tryed to access that mentions this dot com is blocked on my computer....it was easy enough to trace...no problem there.......afterwards what little info I could gather had to do with...counters..useage...spam..stats......along that line.

should anyone have a few moments to spare to see what the heck this dot com is all about...it might be interesting.......one of its users (id'ed) sure tryed to whack me.........

snowman        

2. snowman

snowman Guest

well the low lift stink on dog poo just hit me again!
    this guys does not seem to understand the meaning of NO!       betca he will real soon!   this idiot does not even have a firewall.....an is trying to hack!!  please someone..protect us all from the wannabes.

this time I called (long dist) to the ip....no answer.
    now we all know someone has to be tending the store.
          well I just kicked the ye ole computer into overdrive.....started up the ye ole Cooler.....kicked started the memory manager....called my own ip..
           stars and stripes FOREVER!!!!!!!

snowman

3. snowman

snowman Guest

Problem resolved.....my ip intervened an did whatever they do to block such a person....an will make an official complaint report to the offending ip........

well that will suffice.    although I still remain curious about that dot com.....will check into that later on another computer.

snowman

4. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

most likely a sub7 infected machine doing port scans. The owner almost ceratinly has no idea it is taking place.

If he did, he wouldn't have every port open.

5. snowman

snowman Guest

my thoughts also....but he sure was hitting hard...an wasn't trying to hide.....

these past few days I've noticed alot of scanning activity coming from the west coast(US) and the New England (US) area.......normally its just random scanning from all areas..but not for the past few days....

these are times when all computers need firewalls..virus and trojan scanners.......there are enough free freewalls that no one should be without one...the same goes for virus scanners......an experience people standing ready to help newbes.....

sub-seven is no picnic to get rid off once its nest inside a computer........

snowman

6. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

bah, TDS-3 eats it for lunch. Some times I turn everything off and infect myself with sub7 then crank up TDS-3 and blow it out. (yes I get board sometimes) No one can connect to it anyway so it isn't a big deal.

I think any AT or AV can get rid of sub7 these days. It is old.

7. snowman

snowman Guest

Unicron

I wasn't awear the it was that easy to removed....but nope..I wont get that bored an try it   LOL     will gladly take your word.

this poor old ye ole computer has already been through enough....more re-formats than I want to remember....was a quarterly thing....but once a year now.   haven't had any cookies on it in years...been thinking it may be easier to just wipe..using eraser.
       well...the scanners are busy tonight....my illness is not as bad as earlier.....so will try getting a few hours sleep.............enjoy sharing with you today my friend.....wishing you well..

regards
                           snowman

8. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

well, no matter how many AV progs you get, they still can't protect you from salmonella.

9. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

snowman - Didn't have any problem getting to the site you linked to above (not sure if you were having problems getting to it, or just couldn't get any info on it).

Looked at most of the pages there, didn't have any re-action from anything here on the computer.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Pete

10. snowman

snowman Guest

Pete

thanks for looking into this.......I'll have to remove some "blocks" in order to obtain more information....right now I can't go to any website where even the name of that DOT is posted......

can't explain why but I find myself very interested in finding more info.............Pete I've been my computer has been hit hard before...an never blinked......last night it was the entire Server hit me.....like a DOS from a hundred computers............it didn't bother my computer except to cause an auto shut down.......the second time it hit me I had shifted into overdrive so  the "hit" had no effect...........going to do a more indept trace later...may even give the computer owner a polite phone call.

thanks....later my friend

snowman

11. snowman

snowman Guest

typo correction:    should read: "LIKE" the entire server had hit me.

snowperson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.