A Not So Serious Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Shaker, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

Hi. I was giving NOD32's trial version a go. I only ran it for a couple of days. I admit that is probably not enough time to fully test a product.

Although I did like it, I found that it could cause problems in my household. LOL. There is only one computer in my home that is shared by me and my wife. She only uses it for e-mail and going to here favorite sites. She does not want to learn how things work.

My concern is that you have to set NOD32 to High Efficiency for better protection. Now if she can't get to one of her sites because of this while I'm out on the golf links, she is going to be very upset. LOL. So because of this, I thought that maybe NOD32 is not for me, and went back to NAV 2005, even though I'm not that crazy about it.

I need help. How do I get NOD32 and my wife to co-exist? LOL.

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

maybe you could buy here some roses... and stuff :D

and put nod32 to high comptability and not to high efficiency. that did the trick for me...

cheers

p.s. ditch nav , it is virus an sich...:D

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would download the latest version 2.12.3 from the nod32 website and then set everything to Higher Efficiency, as to quote Marcos - Eset Moderator:

"With “Higher Compatibility” mode it is possible that Trojans may slip through IMON."

IF you find a program or a website that has a problem with Higher Efficiency then use Higher Compatibility for that particular program, or report the website here on this forum. These days it is very unlikely, they seem to be on top of things with version 2.12.3

Roses are always good ;) :D

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

Roses sound like a good idea. :D :D Thanks INFINITY.

Ah, the roses again. :D Roses have gotten me out of the dog house before. Maybe I'll give them to her in advance. That way I'll be covered. ;) :D I think I'll give NOD32 trial version another chance.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see on both accounts ;) :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.