A new BSOD that mentions procguard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by santiago, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santiago

santiago Registered Member

I've been running the full PG happily for four months on my XP Home system. Today, when I inserted a CD in my drive and tried to access it, a blue screen popped up with STOP error 0x0000008E and the notation "procguard.sys - Address F8Bo75F5 base at F8B06000, DateStamp 417f3d44." This screen was followed immediately by a reboot. I am able to reproduce this event by trying to access a CD or DVD in my drive. I also noted that all my protections under PG are now disabled. Could PG be a culprit in this episode, or should I look elsewhere? Other suggestions?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

First do you have the Block new and change applications checked. If so uncheck it. Also you might put PG in learning mode and try accessing the CD drive.

Pete

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Are you using XP Service Pack 2 ?

4. santiago

santiago Registered Member

Yes, I have SP2. When I checked the status of PG after this event, all the boxes were cleared and I was unable to check any of them, although I originally had left Block New Applications unchecked, and assigned permissions on a case-by-case basis. I have now uninstalled PG and no longer have the CD drive problem. I may install the new version in a couple days and hope things continue to run normally.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Oh if it wasn't the latest version, no point making a bug report. It would be fixed in 3.100 or 3.150 Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.