A little advice for Bigbuck please?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bigbuck, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

G'Day,
    Had a couple of niggling probs with comp over the last couple of weeks.
    Failed to boot on a couple of occasions and crashed to BSOD twice also.
    System is Acer Aspire 1703sc Desknote, 2.66, 512, 80GB HDD (seagate I think).
    DL'd seagate diagnostics and ran coming up with;
    Any advice on how to rectify please? I thought I might run CHKDSK + repair shortly and see what it says....although I think I only ran it a couple of weeks ago....
    Any advice from you wonderful folk would be greatly appreciated. Log is attached.
    Thanks,
    Buck :'(

Attached Files:

2. bigbuck

Pretty please!!!

3. dog

dog Guest

Buck run chkdsk /f again & your defragger ;).

Steve

4. bigbuck

Thanks Steve.....that was all I could think of. Don't know much about NTFS! o_O Will let you know.
    Thanks very much,
    Brad.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've seen that kind of behavior when a harddrive starts go to, too.. for safe measure I would get everything backed up and run something that can read the SMART info from your drive. HDD Health is a free one (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hddhealth.html), last I tried it it would also alert you to increases in performance as well, kind of annoying, but you can check for increased declines and any other errors. Last time I dealt with that it was a week or two before it stopped altogether, so I wouldn't waste time.

That may not be what's going on here, but just a warning so you can be prepared for the worst.. get your data backed up before continuing troubleshooting.

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

My computer's hard disk drive has never had any errors at all! My computer also has never ever had a BSOD before. Well bigbuck, I guess you've not been taking care of your hard disk drive. Have you ever defragmented it regularly? I defragment my hard disk drive two times daily. :cool: I always run run chkdsk regularly once every week to ensure that my drive stays clean and free of potential problems.
    I don't find Acer brand computers good IMO.

7. bigbuck

Steve,
    All good! Chkdsk obviously repaired someting! Ran seagate thing again and log (attached) is good. Here's hoping anyhow!

Thanks Notok....hope the HDD is not going!....It's the second HDD in this machine since purchase in july 2003 (1st lasted about 12mths)........Yep data is backed up to ext 80GB seagate.....well, not for a few weeks (I'm away on Hol's).....Will check your link, thanks.
    Kind Regards,
    Buck.

Gee thanks....Is this an insult or your version of assistance? My 4yo can defrag!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I DL'd the seagate diagnostic tool here .
    Thanks again,
    Buck.

Attached Files:

8. dog

dog Guest

Good Going Brad! Glad it seems fixed. :)

Steve

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Your hard disk drive should be ok now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.