A List Of Start Menu Replacements for Windows 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mlauzon, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Did I say that I had Start8 installed on more than one PC?

I suggest you don't read more into my statement than what is there. And I'm aware of the one copy per PC stipulation.

BTW, Stardock reset my activation count so I could register Start8. Nice support.

Later...

2. mlauzon

mlauzon Registered Member

Just bumping this for people who may not have seen this topic.

3. mlauzon

mlauzon Registered Member

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Absolutely ridiculous /unnecessary software intended to make money from the paranoid public, who are too Bone Idle to take time in learning new things :cautious:

5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Start8 rocks. Im so glad there were people out there that created this software. I would have had horrible user experience otherwise.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I am using Start Menu Reviver in Windows 7, installed it several days ago. I definitely like it. It´s attractive and, after customizing it, I can work faster.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

What a cynical comment to make.:cautious:

Windows 8 itself is a learning curve for most people so your pessimistic view on this is quite unrealistic.:ninja:

Still each to his own.:D

8. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I agree. Quite cynical. These start menu apps, like Start8 or StartIsBack, make Win 8 usable, for me at least. I can't stand Metro and if I was forced to use it, without an alternative, I'd probably just stay on the Linux side of the line.

BTW, I've bought both Start8 and StartIsBack and IMO StartIsBack is better. It's amazing that StartIsBack does so much with such a small install size.

Later...

9. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I don't understand Microsoft. OK, they wanted to try and see if this metro thing would stick, but it obviously didn't. If there's a supply for a Start Menu replacement, then it would mean there's a demand, and if there's a demand I wonder why Microsoft is so stubborn and doesn't supply? Makes no sense. o_O o_O

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I think they are trying to stick to their "vision" or "agenda" or whatever it is they're doing... I don't see them changing things much unless they are faced with a pretty large failure, and even then, it's hard to say what they will do. But they are definitely not about supplying the customer with what the customer wants right now. Something else is going on...

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

As far as start button + start menu and booting direct to desktop nicely again, who needs stardock when theres a freeware choice. Classic Shell
    http://www.classicshell.net/

And get a load of this for customizing Windows 8. Strangely enough some win 98/xp customization apps worked perfectly on windows 8 such as Mandotate, WinFlip, and Desk Hedron just to name a few 3D eye candy productivity apps. Just google for them.

Regards Easter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.