a kind of virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by heical, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heical

heical Registered Member

hi everybody.
    the link below contains a kind of virus that is detected by other antiviruses but till now no updates have been released to identify it in ESS. I,ve reported the virus to the related team but no one cares about it. I though if I upload it here maybe it would be better.
    Note: please do not execute the file!

Link to malware removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
  2. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I don't think you are allowed to post a link to malware here if it is actually malware.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Meh....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I thought about reporting it but it's a link to the download page, not actually a direct link to the file - which would be an entirely different matter.

Cheers :)

5. heical

heical Registered Member

sorry I did not notice the lows here. I only wanted to notice the support team to work on the maleware. As you see lots of antiviruses has detected this virus but unfortunately not ESS. It is not the only case I've seen till now.
    I've been used to use Bitdefender Total security till 6 months ago but because of my old system I prefered to migrate toward ESS but it is realy discouraging me! I think maybe I should go back to Bitdefender or Kaspersky if this kind of week support remains unchanged!!!

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Well, 10 out of 36 is really a lot, isn't it? Perhaps you aren't aware of the malware from which we receive thousands of samples via ThreatSense.Net that is only detected by us and 1-2 AVs (and they are not the most famous ones). The malware is downloaded automatically from websites as soon as you visit them. Some big players are trying to catch up, but they still miss a lot of them. I just wanted to show you the situation from the other side, what one detects is missed by the others and vice-versa. It also depends on how much your malware is spread. I for one was unable to find a similar variant except your file. Anyways, will be detected as VB.AAR worm as of the upcoming update.

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

heical,

For future reference, please zip undetected samples and protect with the password 'infected' then send to samples AT eset.com and include as much information as possible including links to where the file came from and any related threads here in the support forum.

Samples can also be sent directly from within EAV/ESS from the Tools menu - search in program help for 'send a file to ESET for analysis' for updated guidelines:
    Screenshot - 27_10_2008 , 9_59_49 PM.png

Also, Infected ~ Virus / Trojan Detection ~ Dealing with New Samples

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.