A hiding to nothing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rditc, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rditc

rditc Registered Member

I know this maybe fatal but I need to ask.

Created a file back on an external drive checked it was ok, it was.

I then rebooted the Windows XP computer and at that point the computer detected an error on the drive (external) and started to check for errors. Any way the upshot is that it did a few file checks and my file (*.tib) now has 0kb as apposed to having 30GB.

Can anyone recommend anything that will reinstate the correct size of the file and or correct/recover the data?

Cheers

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You might want to do a chkdsk /r on the external and afterwards do another backup of your computer asap.

3. rditc

rditc Registered Member

Tried that but it did not resolve the issue.

Can't do back again. I checked that it (the backup) was fine previously so continued to rebuild. It was when I was about to restore the data the error occured. darn.

Are there any products out there that would re check the data structure of files I.E. check that it has the correct starting point and end point?

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

you might want to try "testdisk" it's a free software that can recover lost partitions and also recover your data with photorec. It's more powerful than doing a scandisk or chkdsk. When you download it, the program runs straight from the exe file no installation required.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rditc,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

Is it file/folder or disk/partition backup? You may try to copy the backup archive to the internal drive and mount it using Acronis program. When you mount it you can retrieve some critical data. Have you tried to validate backup archive? What is the result?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.