A Heartfelt Please for TDS-4 Feature!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Checkout, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Would you guys be absolutely wonderful and incorporate detection/removel of DRM modules? 3rd party DRM is already here, according to this article.

This is the stuff of real nightmares! Thanks in advance, DCS.

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

a second a-men to that lol

3. Checkout

Crickets chirrup in the night, bullfrogs sing their mating calls by moonlight, tumbleweed drifts across the unreplied threads of the DCS TDS-3 forum...and nobody from DCS says, "Yes" "No" or even "Get Lost, Creep".

May I please point out the blindingly obvious - that nothing puts users' backs up more than being ignored.

Thank you. I now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Hi Checkout,
    Please accept our apology on my behalf for not getting back to you here, but rest assured we've been looking into this issue for quite some time now. There are many issues with Digital Rights Management, but I think you'll agree that not all DRM programs should be detected, but, needless to say, if a DRM is found to be spyware, or a trojan, or capable of harming or compromising the security of your system in _ANY_ way, we will add detection for it. We always have in the past, we always will in the future. :)
    Best regards,
    Wayne

5. Some background material and recent events posted here for others who might read this thread.

DRM Watch
    http://www.giantstepsmts.com/drmwatch.htm

6. Checkout

Wayne, I'm delighted to hear this. Thanks for responding!

7. Checkout

MyNethingman, that's a good, informative link. Thanks.

Wayne: I've just realised that a while ago I downloaded a copy of DeCSS, and TDS-3 promptly flagged it as a nasty - so I deleted it without even trying it once. You folks at DCS are well ahead of the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.