A good behavior blocker

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by degarb, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degarb

degarb Registered Member

I like threatfire, but cpu spikes and holds at fifty percent on two machines. If something raises its dander, it could stay pegged high for all night. Specifically, I have a weather bat that pings to null and waits; it also wgets radars and wputs them after convert with image magic. Threat fire has a heart failure. I even added wput, wget, cmd.exe, ping to trusted applications.

Mamutu works fine but I cannot hang with yearly or per computer subscriptions. They are out of freakin mind with pricing. Maybe forty bucks forever for three computers, or four buck a year for three computers. Never eighty for a year. Get real, the benifit is good, but I do Opendns out badguys, I do have av, I do sandbox, I do have hips, pegaurd2. And don't do cracks. I also use Opera or chrome. But if something gets past my hips, I let out, isn't in signature database, slips past my heuristics, Then, I would like Mamutu or Threatfire.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Mamutu is the only BB that is continuously being developed so that would be the first choice :D

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

If you're into updated behavior blockers these modern days, Mamutu is the only way to go. There's to my knowledge no other behavior blocker being actively developed at this very moment.

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Before you buy though make sure you trial it to see if it fits in on your machine.

7. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

A new ThreatFire version was recently released. Tho, behaviour blockers are just a waste of resources, IMO.

8. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Once upon a time, ThreatFire was popular...

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Unfortunately I have to agree. I've used both Threatfire and Mamutu and have never perceived any benefit. Mamutu at least has been benign. The few times I've actually tried to use Threatfire it has caused serious problems. If someone is looking for a second opinion I recommend installing Prevx with SafeOnline.

10. gery

gery Registered Member

i do not really think anyone needs a BB with nowadays AV_s most of which have either BB or HIPS like features. Avast has a BB AVG has something similar Avira has its own Norton has its own KIS KAV has its own. So basically you do not need one.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

But then there are BB's that aren't truly a BB. (I'm not bashing anyone, but Panda's BB is more focused on specific things, which in result isn't a true BB in my book)
    And then there are HIPS that are just more like anti executables and are not true HIPS ala Defense+ (I know Vipre HIPS works like that) :D

12. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I'm unsure about Mamutu, It detection quite good- Although it does not provide enough information to make a confident decision.
    I personally preffered Threatfire, It gave a detailed report if you clicked "more" however it's not updated enough so I bought Mamutu

There is no stand out BB currently on the market imo and I think you'd better off looking for a user friendly HIPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.