A FP with the new Dr. Web?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

So I'm trying out the updated Dr Web, and not a few min into my computer the guard pops up telling about this...

C:\Program Files\DellSupport\qdiagd.ocx - probably infected with DLOADER.Trojan

Can anyone please tell me if this is a true trojan or a false positive, thanks.

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

FP

Upload it to virustotal.com to see who else is flagging it. ;)

3. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Yeah, thanks for letting me know about that FP, and also I just don't know how to find that file and send it to virustotal.com, I never learned how to do that.:(

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Just go to VirusTotal and push the browse button, use the drop down menu (at the top) and navigate to the file. For example, you would navigate to the file qdiagd.ocx under the C drive > program files > then DellSupport folder.

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I had a couple of heuristic (.origin) FPs with DrWeb's CureIT, not 100% sure what to do with them, I just sent them to here: http://support.drweb.com/sendnew/ and stated in the comments that its a FP... Hopefully I done the correct thing.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, thats correct.

ive personally found their adding of sent-in samples poor.

sometimes it works instantly and everything is fantastic, but most... are forgotten and/or ignored.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i had an fp with drweb 4.44 cure it and i got it fixed.
    it was an origin fp as well.
    first time i sent it with the beta 4.44 cure it like months ago.
    but i subumited it lkke yesterday or the day before and it got fixed inlike one day.
    lodore

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

thats very good to hear, i hope it has improved from 6 months ago when everything i sent was getting lost.

was it the sonic drivers that you had trouble with?

i left a little message on the forum mentioning that itunes got a few detections, i didnt send anything, and they fixed it. :D

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello Chris,
    it was a driver for a program called sonicstage made by sony for there mp3 players. i hope drweb tune the heristics so it doesnt go so crazy.
    frst time i sent it and didnt get a reply i wasnt happy. but this time im happy it got fixed.
    lodore

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

thats good news :)

i havnt got any fp's on my machine, so i cant try it to see if its improved :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.