A Few Questions for you...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FireDancer, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

I first read about ATI here at Wilders when FanJ started a few threads about it and gave some links and training about how to use it and it's benefits. I ended up purchasing a full version ( 6.0 ). After Down loading and reading all I could, installing and running it for the first time I will not go with out it, it is a wonderfull product.

I have 3 systems in my home currently and only one copy of ATI (registerd) is it possible to use ATI through a network and make images of my 2 XP home machines from my WIN98SE machine? I am not trying to be a .... for lack of a better word CHEAPSKATE , but funds are kinda tight for more software as I was lucky enough to talk the wife into a few more machines.... :D . Or is it possible to use ATI independently on my other 2 machines with the registration I have? Again I ask this only because of that ugly word LACK of funds :oops: . At some time I would like to upgrade to 7.0 but it will be a short while till I can do that and I do love my ATI :D Thanks again Wilders you guys rock as always.

Regards,
    FireDancer

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FireDancer --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Actually, according to our licensing policy each product is limited to one computer, so you need a number of copies equal to the number of computers you want to use the software on.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Anton,

Thanks for replying and I do understand I will have to use a single copy for each machine in respect to running them independently but my first question was would my one copy running on the main machine at home imagae a drive on another machine within the network from the main machine as long as I had full accsess to it?

Regards,
    FireDancer

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Firedancer --

Acronis True Image images only *local* drives, thus you need to have the software installed on the computer you want to image.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.