A dream vision of the future of "Nod"

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kil, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kil

Kil Registered Member

I don't claim to be a psychic, because i'm really not one. however, i do have "visions" from time to time, whether i'm asleep or awake. i also meditate and i've been developing my skills. so far, i've been validated twice by a professional psychic for 2 things i saw.

this happened to be a dream vision. upon waking up, i noted what i've dreamed of in my journal. this is the entry:

• Eset’s Nod32 will become a valuable asset against virii. It will hit store shelves in small, square/slightly rectangular boxes with the label “Nod.” It will be sold from under glass, like jewelry.

Key to success will be the advanced heuristics and a large support group within the customer base that submits virus samples. The easier the submission process, the better the product and protection. Eventually, it will become automated.

The user won’t have a choice of checking a quarantine box. The user will instead check a “Send to Eset /&/ Delete” box, and the virus will be safely copied (possibly encrypted as well), deleted, and then sent to Eset for analysis.

i cannot guarantee in any way this is valid. time will tell. i'm learning, and i figured i'd share.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I believe it is currently being worked on... ;)

Cheers :D

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It does seem as if it may be going somewhat in that direction.

4. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

It would also be wonderful if IMON was finally fixed. I dream of that day.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I hope that the updates problems will be fixed some day...

6. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Here's my little contribution to the dream:

The NOD32 Virus Radar will become fully functional, so that when a new threat is discovered and added to the definitions, it will be as easy to see this with Eset as it is on the sites maintained by other vendors.

(Thus, for example, one would be able to know for sure that malware that was not caught in the past would be after an update, even if one did not have the malware files on one's hard drive to check. It's really a question of knowing more about the names Eset gives to malware, about what these names signify. Although this kind of information eventually is available through the Virus Bulletin VGREP, there's a fairly significant time lag. For example, today VGREP is using the NOD32 definitions from August 11, 2004, and we all know that tons of signatures have been added since then. :))

I think this would be very good, for users and for the image of the company overall. In fact, the very existence of the Virus Radar pages makes me think that maybe the folks at Eset have thought along these lines, as well, and that thus my little dream may be realized.

pollux

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I second Kil's,tazdevil's and pollux's dreams!! Hope Eset listens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.