A double edged problem/question (SpywareBlaster 4.3)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Fad, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fad

Fad Registered Member

I have also recently had problems with SB not remembering protection status.

Every time I open SB, first the tutorial page opens, then I have to choose the updating options again (choose Manual updating) - almost like it`s the first time I installed it, but this happens every time I open SB.

Each time I do open it, all protection is disabled !

So I enable all - they all go green, close the program, reopen it and all protection is disabled again....and have to repeat the whole procedure. This has never happened before.

It happens whether Firefox is running or not, I do not use Internet Explorer at all (have it "disabled" in Win7) - I have also checked that Site Preferences is unticked in Firefox.

A clean reinstall has no effect.

That`s the problem, now to the question:

As SB only appears to protect Firefox regarding cookies, and as I do not use Internet Explorer whatsoever - what is the real benefit of having SB protection other than Firefox Cookie protection ?

Would the Restricted Sites & IE protection offer passive protection against other things that could interfere with the OS even though Internet explorer is never run ?

I have never quite understood the reason why Internet Options (in Control Panel) is still available and appears to affect the system and some programs even though Internet Explorer is disabled.

(Internet Options are all set to default as I thought something may have changed in there without my knowledge, which may have been causing the SB protection problem)

o_O

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. catoninetails

catoninetails Registered Member

I'm having this problem too, but I use IE and every time I log on to my PC & check it all protection has been disabled for IE. Is this a fault in the programme, I've used Spywareblaster for years in the same way and never had this problem
    If there's a solution please will you explain in EASY terms as I'm not red hot on fiddling about with things
    Thanks!

5. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Thanks for the replies above - since that time I have built a new PC and was compelled to do a full reinstall....broken HD etc
    The problem has since disappeared, so the problem wasn`t with SB, but some setting or problem with Windows itself that was awry.

So I`m unable to tell what it might have been - but does appear that it was indeed a fault with Windows somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.