A Different Kind of V4 FIX

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

After reporting No V4 Issues with their bigger clients my ESET vendor, ComputerSecurityAssociates.com, has steered me to a V4 ESS Time-outs Fix I haven’t seen. Just a single-user, I'm double-grateful for their Support! (Edit: No more Outlook Tx/RX issues either) --

Updated Drivers are Important but CSA fixed my V4 ESS Time-outs by (1) my UN-Installing "8" specific Non-Plug and Play Drivers in Device Mgr (took multi-steps in System Properties just to "See" them & “View Hidden Devices” in Device Mgr.), AND (2) V4 NOD32 SysInspector showed remnants of Norton even after I had paid B Buy to remove it and the typical junk apps found on new computers (I ran Norton Uninstall then)--- V3 Never an issue.

Drivers removal, CSA insists, is "machine specific" & Not a likely fix contributor for most, but I'll list the "8" below hoping their existence - removal - my great results offer some logic to evolving a solution. I did both Norton - Drivers Uninstalls before Re-installing ESS so (regrettably) I can’t say if one or both made the difference.

Non-Plug and Play Drivers Uninstalled: AMON, NOD32 Kernel Service, nod32drv, SAVRT, SAVRTPEL, Serial (had a Yellow ! which I'm told could mean "replaced prior" or "no longer there"), SymEvent, Symlcbrd.

Good luck to all!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Was the computer originally running NOD32 v2.7 and security software from Symantec?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. COSMO26

Yes, I had NOD32 V2.7 (1st install of NOD32 in Current "brand-new-at-the-time" Computer was Nov 06) - but before I left the store with the new computer B Buy "supposedly" wiped it of Symantec/Norton and other junk apps. Technically, I guess the computer "ran it" since Symantec/Norton was (HP) factory-installed and the machine had to be turned "On" to Delete it. Obviously, not "all" of Symantec/N was Removed by B Buy before I took it home.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That's a very long time with no disk format! :D

5. COSMO26

Sorry, I expected you to know that what I Said is not what I Meant. I edited above post to say "1st install of NOD32 in Current "brand-new-at-the-time" Computer was Nov 06".

I started with ESET in 10/03 but created a convoluted sentence in first post. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.