A Curious Thing...

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Checkout, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

It's odd how I can never connect to Hotmail when I'm using JAP. JAP, of course, is not owned by Microsoft. JAP is a package designed to provide users with privacy and anonymity. Microsoft is an organisation which has never gone to any great lengths to do the same, or if it has, has failed miserably to do so.

Is it me or is there some kind of link between these fundamentally opposed views here? Let's see: use JAP, can't use Hotmail. Don't use JAP, can use Hotmail. Hmm...

Anybody here experienced anything otherwise?

2. I_lack_commonsense

I_lack_commonsense Registered Member

I personally do not think it is a JAP vs MS issue. MS's hotmail has actually rather strict "authentication" (if you want to call it that) at the login screen. You have to allow java, you have to allow third party cookies, and you cant even use most stealth features in firewalls (so i guess that means you have to allow user agents?).

Have you also seen this thread about JAP https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12747

3. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Well if they setup things correctly they can prevent anonymous proxies from using their service so the person actually has to use their real ip address for abuse cases.

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

And now, in disgust, I turn my back on JAP and look for people with more integrity. Damned shame.

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

yup sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.