A couple security issue I want addressed

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Simon Phoenix, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Phoenix

Simon Phoenix Registered Member

1. Autosurf programs (4daily, studiotraffic) I use these to get some extra income, I've had a couple trojan droppers from a couple websites. I use Mozilla.

2. Another program I use is a traffic generator program, I get a couple hundred a month from them but I have to download a program called test 33 and run that program, I did last night, woke up and my pc was slow, very slow.

I am looking for maybe a good 3rd program to go in between my firewall and AV, I don't run a trojan program becuase my computer is only a 1.1 celeron with 256mb

I was thinking processguard or winpatrol or something to stop something from opening up just incase something tried to sneak up on me.

Opinions for a slower pc?

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Between ProcessGuard and WinPatrol, I'd choose ProcessGuard, even the free version, as it will prevent malware from working, rather than trying to clean it up after it's already run. What I would probably do, if I were in your situation, is:

-Get a beefier AV that scans internet traffic, like NOD32 or eScan (NOD32 I know to be very light on resources, eScan I've heard is not bad)
    -Get a good firewall like Look n Stop (very light, defeats more leaktests than other firewalls)
    -Harden your system as much as possible (see my sig, this will also help you save resources)
    -Use Moox' Firefox builds (faster, more secure) and Proxomitron with Kye-U's Browser Security Pack
    -Get ProcessGuard and set it to "Block new and changed programs" while your traffic generators run.

You might also look at Prevx, RegRun, or at least a script blocker like ScripTrap. An active system hardener that auto-updates, like Qwik-Fix, may also be a good investment in your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.