A couple of questions re NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Albinoni, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I'm using the latest version of NOD32 and finally bought it a few days ago, as I've heard so many good feedback about it.

1. If I fully setup NOD32 can I actually save these settings on a different media like a floppy disk or my HDD and give it a name. Therefore assume I
    need to re-format the HDD one day, than I dont have to re-install the settings manually or even assume if I ever have to need to re-install NOD.

2. In NOD how do I scan for Adaware and Spyware as I thought this new version of NOD has got adaware/spyware protection. Also whats the best method to use for scanning for viruses. If I do a scan for viruses what I normally do is go to My Computer, right clk my C drive and than go down to NOD32 and let it scan. But I'm not sure if this is the correct procedures.

Many thanks.

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Welcome :D

Actually, you can save your settings only with the administrator version of Nod32. You can use this version only if you buy a multi-users licence of Nod32.

The Adware/spyware/Riskware scan of Nod32 if fully integrated in the detection engines. You can disable the search of these threats in the configuration section of each module (AMON, IMON, ...) There is a checkbox ...

Attached Files:

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

1. currently theres no easy way to export/import settings. i think theres a registry key u can export but im not sure.

2. if u configured nod32 according to blackspears settings, it should scan for adware/spyware. the way i scan my computer is to run nod32 and run an ondemand scan. but theres nothing wrong with ur method.

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

1: No, but some have suggested it in the Future changes to NOD32 thread.

2: When you rightclick and select scan, the 'context menu profile' will be use by default. You can change what to scan and what NOD does if anything is detected.

NOD32 > Run NOD32 > Click Profiles > Select Context menu profile and make sure 'use this profile for files/folders...' is ticked.
    http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4567/13cq.gif

After you've done this, click the setup tab and configure what you need scanned:
    Also, this is the place where you can configure NOD to scan for spyware/adware etc.
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7768/20et.gif

Hope I explained it good enough ;)

Oh and before I forget, check this thread out: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

5. zashita

zashita Registered Member

BTW, nice window style, Brian :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.