A Coincidence???

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by snowfire, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowfire

snowfire Registered Member

Hello! All,

One of the problems I did not mention simply because I seemed to have one too many problems happening at once and figured that once I resolve them...memory usage would return to normal. Well, it did not...because one of the things I did not do until yesterday was uninstall KB887742. Now my computer is no longer crawling, memory is not leaking. The two svchosts mentioned above are no longer loading on startup (at least according to PG). Of course, rundll32 is still "unable to ask user" on start-up!!!LOL
    But, everything "seems" to be back to normal...thank god!!

Just "how" critical is kb887742? It did not start out as a critical patch but was later upgraded.

Thanks
    snowfire

2. snowfire

snowfire Registered Member

Hi!!

I was wrong...everything is not back to normal. With everything else that was going on I missed the fact that PG stopped (for the most part) indicating windows processes activity during startup, and "last run Time" in Security Tab. I have been going through the PG logs...back to mar 1.
    The real trouble seems to have started with KB887742 on mar 18

Without thinking I posted another topic that really should have been placed here. Sorry.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=72907

Need Help!!
    snowfire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.