A Brilliant New Defragger From Piriform

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Kas, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Defragmenting made simple and quick
    ------------------------------------
    A brand new tiny program has been issued by Piriform - the same people who issue that wonderful and absolutely essential free aid called CCleaner, which nobody should be without.

It is called DEFRAGGLER and again it is free.
    You can visit either the CCleaner site or www.defraggler.com to find out all about it.

I downloaded DEFRAGGLER from FileHippo.com. It only took a minute or so with no problems.

Using it is a delight. It is simple and when the files have been listed, you can defrag ONE file, several files - all of your choice, or the whole drive content.
    Even the "free-space" can be defragged.

Using this program, I defragged my entire package in about 30-45 minutes and THAT included some playing around and familiarisation, ending up with a clean drive. Using the Windows Defragging facility takes me 4-5 HOURS !

It is a MUST - do try it. I highly recommend it.
    *puppy*
    COMMENT ; 24 Dec. 10.30 GMT
    ------------------------------
    NO, the little marvel is purely manual and does not run in the background working like a beaver to keep the disc progressively defragged.

But the speed at which it worked for me was like comparing a Drag Racer to the Pony Express when using the Windows system.
    It was VERY fast, did the job perfectly, select this, select that, do the lot AND IT IS FREE !
    For my purposes a manual defrag is quite acceptable, especially with this tool.

An analysis check with the Windows defragger confirmed there were no files needing defragging.
    :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. sounds like a great tool . do you knowif its similar to diskeeper my subscription is running out soon but diskeeper keeps defragmenting as needed in background, if it can do that im going for it.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I thought this was an older program and was reviewed to not be so great? It looks VERY familiar, did Piriform acquire it and update/change it?

4. It looks pretty new dated dec 5 2008 at Major Geeks and rated pretty high by those who downloaded there. the feature i like with diskeeper it appears from features description at the site of piriform it does not run in background to keep disk at minimum fragmentation all the time but it is free.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

After searching, there's a ton of references here to the program, at least dated back to June. So I guess it's just updated. I didn't see many naysayers in the threads, only that it was a very simple program.

6. so it is a good possibility as an option that is better then windows defragger, not bad not bad at all.

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Yup, been out for a while now although only recently in final form. Reasonably good at what it does IMHO but there are others that do the same.;)

8. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I've used it in the past but had a problem with it. It seemed to mess up the MFT after use. Could just be my hard drive though. Anyway, using another defrag program without problems now.
    SourMilk out

ps. Defraggler IS lightning fast though :doubt:

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

New?

This is not anything new. It was posted as RC here at Wilders last June.

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Windows Defrag is just as good, there's no need to use this...

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Is the the final non beta versiono_O

12. Boost

Boost Registered Member

:thumb:

13. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Windows Defragger is like a tortoise compared to a cheetah.

It`s OK if you are under 30 years old, but after that you just ain`t got enough life left to wait for it.
    :argh:

14. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Windows Defragger is like a tortoise compared to a cheetah.

It`s OK if you are under 30 years old, but after that you just ain`t got enough life left to wait for it.

15. mantra

mantra Registered Member

does it defrag mtf?
    is powerfull like ultimate defrag?

16. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Brand new? Sorry if I LOL :rolleyes: People should really learn how to use the SEARCH function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.