A Big LOL For FBI Alert

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Paul Wilders, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

It appears that the FBI made a bogus warning based on hearsay, fueled by their own ignorance, suspicions and need. If the rumors about CERT breaking away from them are true, I think we can expect more stupendous blunders in the future. They had better start "hitting the books" so they won't look like such fools! :rolleyes:

People like them make the rest of us look good! :D

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

From that article:
    "Such warnings of invisible menaces include the NIPC's 1999 alert warning that every nation whose name began with the letter "I" would target American computer systems on Jan. 1, 2000. "
    The "I" of "internet"?
    That's why they missed the Korean and Chinese invasions a few weeks ago!

4. root

root Registered Member

Quite Simply, the US Intelligence community is nothing better than a garbage dump.
    Every time they come out with a warning now, its either a joke or another one of the administrations efforts to keep their little "war" going. They look like a bunch of fools.
    If there were a real threat coming, no doubt they would miss it and the whole world one more time would see what has become of a once great organization.
    The terrorists are winning the "war" big time, since the US is just bouncing from one panic drill to the next.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Darth Bush didn't try to blame mosquitoes on the Arabs. After all they carry the West Nile virus now.
    Sorry Paul, I'm just so mad I could kill.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

hey root,

No need to apologize - as long as you don't (kill, that is) ;)

regards.

paul

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

an ounce of prevention is worth something... what was it? A pound of regret?

7. snowy

snowy Guest

Detox

well since you mentioned it.."prevention"....I can't get to <wired com>> to even read ........LOL

8. Bush can not protect us on the Internet..Al Gore did not design it that way and now he is busy getting tickets to see the Boss.

:D

Al & Tipper Wouldn't Pony Up for the Boss

Tickets to Bruce Springsteen's tour are pretty hot stuff. They're hard to get, but they're not too expensive at $77 — compared to recent Paul McCartney and Prince shows. But not everyone wants to pay for them.

Take, for example, former Vice President Al Gore and his lovely wife, Tipper. Sources close to them and to Springsteen tell me Tipper tried to get free tickets to the Springsteen show for the entire Gore staff. When that didn't work, and she was told even paid admission would be hard to come by, the ex-second lady persisted.

"They wound up being offered four," says my source. "But when they were asked to pay $75 apiece, they said forget it. And you know, that's why Gore isn't president, in a nutshell."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59875,00.html

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

They know by long from which labs that west nile origins, they only hope we don't find out.

Yes, they try to play so top-secret that they better investigate each other before crying out and blaming others.
    You know how to keep them really happy and busy? On their website is a button to submit tips. They'll happily investigate every (p**n) spam you paste there, add some of the known keywords to make them jump into action immediately, so it might help to do what all our filters and mailwashers can't till now, for free.
    Their next cyber alert might start about growing "p" either countries with a T, K or C used as relay, while many of the culpits are usa based (not all, of course).
    Where's a Bush is a bush, and where's a bush is fire and no smoke without fire or is it Bush's cigar Clinton let him? And so we're back to the happy people to investigate a small detail forgetting the real big matters going on.
    No reason to get angry, better run!

10. I have no idea where you are going with that west nile thingie and LABS...but this might

Until 1999, West Nile virus, one of the family of mosquito-borne Flaviviruses, was only found in the Old World. Originally recorded from the West Nile region of Uganda in 1937, epidemics have since been reported in other parts of Africa, as well as in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. A variant known as Kunjin has also been detected in Oceania. Now, however, the virus also seems to be firmly entrenched in the USA. help you...

And this might help others....

U.S. monitoring Internet attacks after European warnings
    Posted by Web Producer Susan Wells August 07, 2002 - 11:30 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - You probably didn't notice it on your computer, but some Internet providers were under attack this morning.

The government is monitoring a series of attacks against the providers. They began after hours after European authorities passed warnings on to the FBI.

Internet providers and Web sites on the East Coast were bombarded with about seven times the data they usually get early this morning.

There have been no reports of any Internet outages or delayed e-mails. A U-S official says the barrage then shifted toward the West Coast.

The attack appeared to be coming from a relatively small number of machines -- meaning Internet providers could protect their networks more easily than in past, larger-scale attacks.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.9news.com/storyfull-newsroom.asp?id=5139

None of you saw anything..for you certainly were not involved at that level..and those that were...had it covered.

;-)

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No matter what so many people say about the States, must be something working well over here for us to be where we are today. And the attacks were cut off, that doesn't make it fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.