91. with Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rfbuehler, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfbuehler

rfbuehler Registered Member

I have a boot disk created with the Universal Restore Option. BUT when I go to restore a previously back up, it never gives me the option to use Universal Restore. Any suggestions.

Thanks..:'(

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rfbuehler,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of both Acronis True Image and respective Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please make sure the image in question contains a partition with a Windows operating system. It is preferred that image contains entire source disk.
    Please make sure the Windows operating system is not Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95 OSR2, Windows 98 or Windows ME. Acronis Universal Restore does not support these operating systems.
    Please make sure the image in question does not contain dynamic disks as Acronis Universal Restore does not support those.
    Please make sure that partition with a Windows operating system is selected for restoration. It is always better that the entire hard disk is selected for restoration.

If the issue persists, please follow the instructions in this post.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Acronis has known about this for over two months and has refused to correct it. This problem has been mentioned here many, many times. Acronis will ask you for files that take 2 to 3 hours to produce, and in my case, they did not even have the courtesy to respond. After about 3 to 4 weeks, I sent them an email asking for the status. They replied with a boilerplate email asking for more files.

If I were you, I would try to get an older version of Workstation 9.1. Build 3666 works for me. Build 3887 does not. Acronis likes to blame the problem on your hardware, but obviously if one build works and another does not, it is a software problem.

~Snip~ Off topic comment removed. - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.