90-day trials of Panda

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you said panda av has its own firewall. but what i meant was all the compared products i was speaking of have their own firewall as well all of them being suites not just a av.

lol panda flagged foxit reader exe as a suspicious file and moved it to quarantine

2. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Thanks for clarifying me the same. But i have said something else...I was comparing only AV's, not the suites.

3. progress

progress Guest

:D That's the reason I don't use Panda (and Panda Cloud AV) at the moment: Too many FP :oops:

4. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Don't be so sure. Really! I try it on daily bases

5. AvinashR

I am talking about new 0Day malwares not the modified one. You know what there are many crypters like Icognito which can can be used to crypt malicious files and due to this your lovable AV can also easily be-fooled...

6. AvinashR

Why don't you inform Panda Labs about the same. They will correct their database so that legitimate files will not be flagged as malware.

7. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Just scanned 80 portable applications, media players to PDF readers, dictionaries, the works, all clean.

Other programs I've used have given me FPs on some of these files.

8. AvinashR

Everybody face FP's issue with their AV's softwares...Its our duty to inform the security company about this so that they can correct their database on time.

9. Saraceno

Totally agree. By not informing the vendor, but expecting things to be fixed doesn't make sense. Because if no one sent any files in, but all expected things to be 'fixed', then how would things be fixed? :eek: ;) I think I confused myself. lol

I did come across one on my USB, sent the details to Pedro to check out.

10. AvinashR

You made me confused too:D ...If nobody send then things will be sorted very late...Anyways which file you have sent?

11. webster

webster Registered Member

Thanks Pedro :). Nice one, with nice features. I like the vulnerability protection.

But unfortunately Panda and Immunet Protect started a fight on my machine. Immunet started with deleting af Panda file, and Panda fought back with disinfecting two Immunet files. It didn`t copy them to quarantine, so i don`t know what Panda did to them o_O

Uninstalled Immunet. Don`t need it at the moment.

12. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I found that the Internet Security didn't suit my W7 64 bit laptop.
    Windows explorer froze-up & I had to do forced shutdowns.
    Eventually I uninstalled in safe mode, put back the Panda cloud AV and all is well.
    I uninstalled PCAV and PCtools firewall with REVO and cleaned the registry with Ccleaner before installing the Internet Security app., so there should not have been many left over bits. I found that Sandboxie gave a pop-up on starting up asking about resolving compatibility with Panda, so I wonder if that had something to do with it?

13. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

PIS made some troubles in my pc.
    it conflicted with sandboxie and made my pc slow:doubt: . Also 2 functions were disabled and asked me to restart my pc. I restarted several times but nothing happend.

14. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I thought in the past we discovered that Sandboxie and TruPrevent did not like each other? It look likes that is still true today.

15. pbust

pbust AV Expert

@zfactor, I'll check the FP with Foxit Reader. It's weird as I also use Foxit Reader and never had an FP problem with it. Can you tell me which version you are using exactly? Also regarding the processes, you might want to check Cloud Antivirus. It only uses 2 processes.

@rogervernon & @nikanthpromod, the conflict with Sandboxie is known. Try exclusing Panda completely from Sandboxie and/or disabling Sandboxie temporarily to see if the problem corrects itself.

16. zfactor

fox it 3.1.4.1125 it quarant. the foxit.exe only

17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

18. zfactor

will do thanks. also the multiple procc dont bother me so much as long as it runs okay which this does seem to so far but cant hurt to ask right lol

19. Saraceno

I'm running Sandboxie version 3.44 with Panda Antivirus pro, but no conflicts. There was a popup from sandboxie saying, you are using a panda product, click 'ok' to make sandboxie and panda compatible, to which I clicked ok.

Something along those lines.

Nikanth, did you get that option from sandboxie as well?

20. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I installed Panda IS yesterday. I liked it a lot until I ran a scheduled full scan. When I came back to check the results, I saw that Panda found and removed 3 viruses. It didn't say what they were, or where they were found. No details what so ever. I didn't like that at all.

I reverted my hard drive to before the scan ran, and then uninstalled Panda IS.

21. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Have you checked log? The details should be in there.

22. Saraceno

Graystoke, if you go to quarantine, highlight the files and select restore, I found they are excluded from being scanned/detected again.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  23. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I couldn't find any log. I clicked on results, I think that's what is was called, all it said was 3 viruses found and removed. There were pie charts shown also. Is that what you are referring to? Maybe I looked in the wrong place.

24. Saraceno

For antivirus pro, in the event report, it lists the quarantine and restore, but doesn't list the file found.

Pedro, hopefully in an upcoming version, there's an extra column in the event report (called details, next to 'result') detailing the file/s found or restored.

panda scan.png

Otherwise Graystoke, I'm not using the internet security program, but in antivirus pro, the file/s were listed in quarantine.

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

For schedule scans, you can configure exactly what you want Panda AV/IS 2010 to do if it finds a malware. Simply check the scheduled scan settings under "Action" and change from the default "automatically disinfect" to whichever action you want:
    scheduled-config.JPG

In regards to the report, once it does find the first malware, it does list the files found. In your screenshot there's no malware detections that's why it isn't showing the full path to the detected files. Check this one out:
    report-detail.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.