9 Hours!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Manny Papes, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manny Papes

Manny Papes Registered Member

I am trying to figure out if the steps I have taken to recover an image I made today is progressing appropriately or if I have done something wrong.

The "time remaining" goes up pretty reglaurly. It now says 9 hours in the Archive Verification screen (I booted from a bootable media disk made from Acronis).

It looks like it is alright but the 9 hours worries me. It did not take even one hour to create the back up files.

Manny

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Manny Papes, welcome to Wilders.

I have moved your thread here where it will receive better attention.

Cheers :D

3. Manny Papes

Thanks. I am new to the posting world.

Are you at all familiar with TI software?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

I am, however I use its basic functions and have not had a issue other than one time requiring a newer build. Someone else will come along that will be able to help you further.

Cheers :D

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

HI Manny

I also get ridiculous times on the verification. You do realize however that only real verification is do to a restore. Without testing the image you can't ever be positive it will work when you need it.

Pete

6. Manny Papes

I have gone into the recovery mode. It is again giving me rediculous time.

From a few minutes to now 8 hours.

I guess I will let it run the rest of the night.

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Manny don't miss this essential point.

8. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Restoring within Windows takes the same time as doing the backup.

Restoring from the ATI Rescue CD takes backup time multiplied by 3.

Restoring from BartPE CD (with ATI Plugin) takes the same time as doing the backup.

The ATI estimated time at the start of an operation is unreal. As the operation progresses, the estimated time gets adjusted and becomes reliable.

Notwithstanding the above, 9 hours to restore a backup which took 1 hour to complete denotes a problem. What is the media with the archive, USB HDD, DVD?

9. Peter2150

You are right about the times,,, but, on verifications, the times have always been nuts. I've seen hours left right before it's finished. One of the reasons I don't have the warmest of fuzzy feelings about ATI. They should be able to get this right.

10. Manny Papes

I am running the recovery in Windows. I guess if this does not work I can try therough the bootable disk. Is that advisable?

I placed the ATI back up files (4) on an external 80 GB HD that was cleaned of any other stuff.

I tried placing the files on the same internal (laptop) HD to see what would happen and it didn't accept the parameters (rightly so!).

The timing went up to 12 hours, and it is now at 6 hours. I have left it running all night, and will leave for the rest of the day.

I have calls in to the ATI support but after all I have been through I would be surprised if I got an actual answer (even a voicemail would surprise me!).

On the flip side it has not given me any error messages.

11. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Is your backup in a USB drive? If so, is it a 2.0 USB port (back panel)?

12. Peter2150

Not only advisable, but crucial. What if you can't boot to windows or your drive fails. You need to know you can recover with the CD

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Manny Papes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.