9.2337: Cannot create rescue disk on CD-R

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Installed 9.2337 yesterday.

Could not create a rescue disk with CD-R media.
    I was able to create rescue media a few months ago using the demo for 9.2323.

With 9.2337, I immediately get an error from TI stating that it cannot burn the CD-R/RW, or something like that.

If I Exit Roxio's DRag to Disc BEFORE running TI, the process of burning attempts to start, then gives the same/similar error.

As far as I know, the version of Roxio software is the same as it was a few months ago.

Apparently, 9.2337 and Roxio EMC 7.1.1.189 do not play nice together.
    9.2323 did not have this problem, so the finger (choose which) must point to TI for a fix.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Depending on the User's setup, Roxio's Drag-to-Disk can cause problems with rescue CD creation for all Versions and Builds of True Image. See this <previous reply> for possible workarounds (may need to use in combination).

Regards

3. Howard Kaikow

Ayup, I'm familiar with those types of problems.

Last night, I exited Drag to Disk and was then able to create rescue media using CD-RW media, but still could not do so using CD-R media.

I'll try the drawer open trick and see if that helps, be right back ...
    As we speak, the CD-R is being written, so the door open trick worked.

P.S. When I woke up this morning, I realized that when I used the demo of 2323 to create rescue media, I had installed TI on a different OS on my multiboot PC, and that OS has Nero/ICD instead of Roxio.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Odd that you can get it to work on CD-RW but not on CD-R. But why not then make a whole disk copy of the CD-RW on a CD-R.

5. Howard Kaikow

Once Drag to Disc is exited, then there's nothing to interfere with CD-RW.
    CD-R is differently handled.

I did do this, and mentioned it in another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.