890318 - Can't update ESS v3.0.621.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by hamidi, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamidi

hamidi Registered Member

hi
    although it's an old version, i'm using version 3.0.621.0 of ESET Smart Security.
    i've problem in updating the virus signature database. the problem is that it tries to connect to the server, but receives no update. the gauge remains at 0% for a long time and i can't even Abort it. i thought it might be a problem of my own computer. i tried it somewhere else with the same problem. i've configured the servers to "Choose Automatically". the updates have been always receiving until now. i think the server could not be found and i've to manually supply it. the other solution may be downloading the update files directly from the ESET servers and applying them to the ESS manually (offline). i'm not sure whether it's possible.
    anyway, i'm looking forward to hear from u
    thx

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.621.0 is a very old version of the software. As a licensed user, you can use your username and password credentials to update to the latest version for free from http://www.eset.com/download.

I would recommend uninstalling your currently installed version before you install the new version. This way, if the problem is with the settings for update servers you will not have it when you install the new version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. hamidi

hamidi Registered Member

thank u for replying
    i've a poor internet connection, i prefer not to download the new version
    besides, my friend persists not to change anything in his computer. why? i don't know. maybe a nostalgic sense.
    so, is upgrading to the new version the only way for resolving the problem?
    isn't there any way else?
    what's the update server url the new versions use? can i use it for this version too?
    thx

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would recommend updating, as the version you have is quite old.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.