8.0 DOES NOT WORK

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dellgim28, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellgim28

dellgim28 Guest

Downloaded 8.0 recently and as I start to make an image a sign comes up in the middle of the screen thast says <TRUE IMAGE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. That is the end of it. 7.0 ran perfectly. I really need help on this one.,as I can find no reason for this to happen. I have followed TRUE IMAGE SUPPORT and received their automated letter 3 days ago, and have heard nothing from them since. This has happened within a 30 day period of purchase and frankly I feel like I have been scamed. I asked for a refund 3 days ago and have not received a reply. HELP ANYONE JIM----------dellgim28@mailaka.net

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, dellgim28

What help do you need as you have asked for a refunded, you will not be using the program.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

dellgim28, I have answered you by email.

4. Ignos

Ignos Registered Member

I havn't asked for a refund but I have the same problem. I can make an image to another harddrive and restore it with no problem and i made a boot cd that works its the same with fresh xpsp1 install or 98se any help for me?
    It fails when i hit next at the image archive comments

5. Acronis Support

Hello Ignos --

Please, can you tell me what is your problem? You say you can create an image and in the same time you say, that you have the same problem as described above...

Thank you.

6. Ignos

Ignos Registered Member

when i atempt to make any type of direct image to cd or dvd I get an error when I hit next at the image archive comments screen the error is
    "TrueImage has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". same on two differant puters If i use secure zone it worked on ak35gtr and restore worked but on my Msik8t neo it will write the image but when i try to restore from the boot media it locks when the little clock is turning no mater what icon i select.

clone, works great
    Secure Zone,6 min. to load winxp and a few programs from an image in secure zone after format ,worked great

new to this can i attach a report or do i need to thanks for the responce
    Ignos

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  7. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Same problem here, too. I had to go back to version 7. Besides, I feel utterly cheated, as I upgraded to v. 8 without a single benefit. Cash thrown away!
    Shame on you, Acronis!
    You have lost one customer more!

Rui

8. Acronis Support

Hello Ignos --

Please write to support@acronis.com. Our supporters will request the required files and will proceed witht the investigation of your problem.

Thank you.

9. Ignos

Ignos Registered Member

I wrote to suport on the 23rd so i still have hope for a fix or maybe an update. o_O

10. bjw

bjw Guest

I have similar problems with Verson 8 not working.
    I installed V8 on my old computer (runs WinXP prof) and it worked and was able to write an image to CD.

I then installed it on my new computer (also running WinXP prof) that also has an Iomega Rev removeable hard drive that I planned to use as a backup device.

On my new computer TrueImage 8 would not work (I received the same error message mentioned in previous posts). It would not work both in attempting to write an image onto CD and also when attempting to write a disk image to the Iomega disk drive.

I then uninstalled TrueImage version 8 from my new computer and installed Version 7. I found that I could write an image to CD, but received the same error message when I tried to write to my Iomega disk drive. Version 7 would not work when I used the Iomega drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

11. lewwill

lewwill Registered Member

Similar problem. DI8 not working on new Inspiron 8600 writing to a maxtor 160GB usb2 external hard drive. Will not create boot disks to CDRW/CVD+RW drive. May have to go back to Norton Ghost which works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.