8.0 does not recognize Dell RAID drives in 2850

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mitul, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitul

Mitul Guest

I have a Dell 2850 with Raid 1. It has a Perc 4e/Di card. When I try to use Acronis 8.0 to image the hard drive , it says it cannot recognize the hard drives. Obviously I have to do a F6 when setting up the hardrives, so Acronis does not seem to have the right drivers. How do I go about getting Acronis to read the new drivers and help me install and use the software. This is urgent for me, so any help anyone can give me, would be appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mitul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please note that if you operate under Windows Acronis True Image uses Windows drivers. It means that if your drives are available under Windows Acronis True Image should also be able to work with them.

Please make sure these drives are set as basic, not dynamic. Dynamic disks are supported only with Acronis True Image 8.0 Server and Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server.

If you do use basic disks but Acronis True Image cannot work with them under Windows please create an Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) and send to support@acronis.com along with the description of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. DELL USER

DELL USER Guest

I am using Acronis True Image 8.0 for Servers and ran into this same issue when attempting to use the boot disk for Acronis to restore an image.

It is on the same type of system, DELL 2850 with PERC 4e/Di RAID Controller.

I don't see a final decision on this so I was wondering if this has been resolved or if there is a work around to patch this until the support can be added to a future version?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DELL USER,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 791) does support PERC 4e/Di RAID Controller. Please read my previous post and follow the instructions given there.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  5. DELL USER

DELL USER Guest

Thank you for the follow-up, I will get the latest version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.