7Zip and incorrect checksum

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by beethoven, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am using 7Zip 4.57 on my main rig with NOD3 without any problems. On a new pc also with Nod 3 I would like to install 7zip again but each time I download this, I am having installation problems.

I used the official download sites and some others like file hippo or major geeks but the result is the same. Scanning the download file on jotti or virustotal does not show anything. Scanning with my inbuilt NOD comes up with the error message:
    and the actual error message during installation refers to some file "descript.ion" which also appears in my existing working 7zip folder.

Any ideas? I find it hard to believe that over a week a damaged installation is up for download on the official source.org server without anyone taking notice? Is it possible that NOD is interfering?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You can try right click the NOD32 icon, disable AV/SP protection. Download the file, then enable it again, to test if it works.

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Not sure if I misunderstand but I can download without problem but the installation throws up an error code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.