70 years young first thread please help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by w.bishop, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I believe you can go to your account on the Acronis Website and request the serial number to be resent. Is this not so fellow forum members? Great game on now live - Arsenal vs Liverpool.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If the product was registered, the Serial Number will be on the web site.

3. w.bishop

w.bishop Registered Member

I am sorry I do not explain myself enough. What I meant was I put the 5 full back up disks into my DVD burner/Player one at a time, copied them to my desktop, then moved them to my new hard drive.

4. w.bishop

Yes the product is registered. Can you please explain how can I find it on the website.

5. TheWeaz

6. TheWeaz

Or, you could always just download the trial.

7. w.bishop

I would like to start by saying THANK YOU to TheWeaz, Ralphie, dbKnox, FBMachines, foghorne, phasechange, for your contributions.
    I managed to reinstall TI version 9 and retreive my serial number.
    I tried to reinstal the 5 copied DVD`s but TI told me that they are corrupt.
    I think I will have to accept all my files have gone.

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have enough space on your new hard drive, try dragging all 5 tib files onto it and then use the mount option in TI - if you can mount them (which will allow you to look at the files in Explorer, they'll appear as if you had another hard drive installed - called a virtual drive), then the archives are not really corrupt.

When you tried to restore the image, did you use the rescue CD or try from within Windows?

Colin

9. w.bishop

Thanks Bodgy I will try this.
    I used the TI boot disk and copied them to my HD but I did not realise I could do what you have said and mount them, I will try this and report back thanks again.

10. Ralphie

Are you sure what you call the TI boot disk is what we call the bootable Rescue disk? I wasn't aware that the TI boot disk is capable of copying files from optical media to the hard drive. Or even copying in general. Fellow forum members ... what say you?

11. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Ralphie,

As far as I know you are right (in fact I'm pretty sure you are).

I think w.bishop's post #59 is to be understood as two separate statements:

1) he did use the TI boot disk (the Rescue CD) to try to restore the image,
    2) he did copy the image files from DVD to HD but did not realise ...

Of course it's up to w.bishop to clarify his own posts, I'm just trying to help him see what's causing the confusion and make the job easier to him.

12. w.bishop

Hi Bodgy thanks mate it worked and it is lovly to see all my photographs again, all I have to do is fathom out how I can move all of the other files to where they are needed, like for instance the printer and scanner files so that I can get them working.
    I must apologise that I am confusing other members of this thread, when I copied the backup files to the 5 DVD disks I also did a copy and called it True Image boot up disk, sorry for the confusion everyone, when you get to my age it is very easy to be confused.

13. Ralphie

Glad to hear you have had some success ... btw, I'm not too far behind you in age. :D :D

14. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I've been quoting my age in hex for years. :D :D
    I think 70 in hex is 46. It's just a number I guess.

0x0F.

15. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Okay I am lost again, why can't Mr. Bishop pop in his "rescue disk" and recover his image back to the old state it was in?

Mr. bishop , I don't know how you got up and running with the new hard drive, I assume you have reinstalled your os. If so and you would like to restore your old image, I would first make an Image of the disk as it is now just in case, and verify it,then try popping in the rescue disk and restore to your old image.Remember once you walk the program through you have to select the last ".tib" file. Which I assume you already know because you mounted the image already. If I were you I would also keep a copy of todays image in case you ever want to revert back to this date. I keep several copies of my images just in case I had a virus sneak through. It can even be handy when you install a new program and you want to uninstall it, after trying it and for some reason you don't want it, you can recover your system back to the state it was in,effectively erasing all traces of that program.

16. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you mean so that your scanner and printer work again, or files that you have scanned in?

If you mean so that your printer etc works again, then normaly XP ought to have spotted the peripherals and loaded the correct software. this may not be so with some USB stuff.

Now we are talking about a clean install of XP aren't we?

What printer/scanner do you have and are they USB types?

Colin

17. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

w.bishop,

As you have found out thru this thread, the people wanting to help you have to understand your problem and your comments. Confusion produces wrong responses.

Now that you have at least been partially successful in your system running again, it would be extremely helpful if you were to read as many postings on this forum as your time permits. Self help always appreciated.

Age cannot be a crutch. I am a few years older than you so I can say that. Read the posts and learn the terminology so we can better understand (in as few posts as possible) your questions and your responses. There are many forum members of all ages... several probably older than you... eager--willing--and able to help you. Some senior citizens with hundreds and hundreds of helper postings. The knowledge of all is combined into one great forum. Kudo's to those (young & old) who help us senior citizens.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.