7 Years of SpyShelter - 50% of regular price

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

"It all started 7 years ago. First official version – SpyShelter 1.0 – was released on October 6th, 2009. Since then, we released 111 updates and we secured the position of the most effective anti keylogging application, with achievements such as World’s only keystroke encryption module which allows to encrypt keystrokes of all applications (including console apps), on all system languages.
    (...)
    This year, we want you to join us in a noble cause. Let’s help homeless animals. Today and tomorrow all SpyShelter licenses, including lifetime, are available for half of their regular price, and the net profit from these licenses will be donated to animal shelters in Poland. They are already way over their capacity and they need any help they can get. The money will be split among 3 animal shelters in need of funds
    (...)
    Not only you can buy SpyShelter for half of it’s price, all the money you spend on the licenses will be donated to the animals in need."
    https://www.spyshelter.com/blog/7-years-of-spyshelter/

2. Lagavulin16

Lagavulin16 Registered Member

Hands down the sweetest and most compassionate offer I've ever seen from a security (or practically any other non-animal related) company. Not to gush, but wow... color me impressed. :)

3. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Nice gesture indeed :thumb:
    How that 7 years has flown by ;)

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I remember that when SS was launched, a lot of HIPS were dying. So very cool that both SS and Zemana have been able to survive for so long, congrats to them.

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

6. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

sooo you just linked a foreign language forum post you made with the actual discount info inside the post in English
    o_O??

even if you want other people to visit that forum and possibly stay, it's in polish...

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I bought it. Firewall version for $16.48!

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Congratulations.:thumb:

9. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Do you realy think it was due to drawing attention and new users?...to Polish forum?! Did you see my signature?...it's from years the same and I have no reason to have some strange intentions.
    I don't know how to treat your post...a joke?...strange accusation?
    It was just information...nothing more and nothing less.

10. bellgamin

Actually, I bought SS because of a message I received from the SS folks -- I had previously signed up for their newsletter.

So far, I am NOT a happy camper. It took SS over an hour to send the subscription key code. When I entered it to activate SS, it popped a message that the key code is not valid. :mad::thumbd::shifty:

I await their reply to my email to their support. Good grief, how can I rely on a security product that has a screwed-up ordering/registration process?

In any event, I restored a pre-SS image so that SS thing is gone for the moment. Maybe it's gone for good, who knows?

11. mekelek

it was questioning a seemingly stupid way of sharing this discount here.
    then trying to find a reason why you would do that.

12. bellgamin

After ~12 hours SpyShelter support has not acknowledged my email requesting help concerning this "not valid" key code that they sold me. No response from them at all. I have now requested 2Checkout.com for a refund & have filed the matter with PayPal's resolution center.

Perhaps I am over-reacting but I have puchased lots & lots of software over the years, requiring key codes, via PayPal (always), & have never ever before encounted an ordering process as slow & convoluted as SpyShelter's. Neither have I ever before emailed a support center that didn't offer at least an automated acknowledgement, much less an actual reply to the issue.

So I got a 50% discount on a bunch of headaches. Sheesh.

13. mekelek

to be fair it's Saturday, nobody is working there on weekends..

14. Soft Life

Soft Life Registered Member

Check your licensed to name. I think it would be in the email sent. That name is picky. Mine is all lower case.

15. bellgamin

It turns out that I mistakenly bought the Premium version instead of the Firewall version. The website's prices were stated in Euros and when the order process converted Euros to dollars & calculated 50% of the result, I never checked the final price to see if what I paid made sense for a Firewall purchase. I have acknowledged my error to the SpyShelter folks. My apologies to all here for my erroneous posts.

16. Rasheed187

Well, you don't miss that much. The firewall can't auto-block connections so I don't actually use it. And it also has an process execution blocker which is very unhandy. I use EXE Radar and Windows Firewall Control instead.

And remember, to reduce alert you can use the "auto allow" mode. It's also advisable to disable certain monitors like "opening process or thread for modify access" since this is way too common. The setting "Auto Block Suspicious Behavior" doesn't seem to be very smart, it stopped me from installing some app, so not recommended.

17. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Same thing happened to me belgamin. Plus, the Premium Version refused to work due to a driver problem of some kind. After trying to install it twice, I just gave up and wrote off the $16.48 to a bad experience. I really don't need it anyway so chalked it learning and moving on.

18. bellgamin

I'm sorry that happened to you. They refunded my $16.48.

19. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Not your fault - they had a very questionable set-up on the download page. You and I followed directions based on their site. Glad you got it taken care of.

20. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys as you wanted. I know you must been a little excited in the discount and hoping for a useful product from them to add to your security. I always loved HIPS since 32bit days and as far as I understand, SS is about the closest thing left that performs similar like functions. But with all of the more recent variety of new security additions showing some great promise I at the last minute decided to go that route instead of adding SS.

Like @Rasheed187, I also use Radar Pro and WFC from Binisoft.

21. guest

guest Guest

the only thing that is worth paying for SS is its Command Line parser LOL.

itwt

22. Rasheed187

I don't get it, why did you refund? This was your chance to experiment with a decent anti-logger.

No, it's worth money, but not the current amount that they ask for. It's not perfect, but still one of the best anti-loggers/HIPS, no doubt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.