7 64 Pro in XPmode with PGP for privacy?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Palancar, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am thinking about a little project for over the weekend. I am using gnuPG on a win 7 64 Pro box. Works OK. However; the GNU freebie is missing some of the slick features I like in actual PGP. I have been reading on the M$ site and an XP mode download is a freebie for my Pro and Enterprise boxes. XP mode runs in a 32 bit environment even on a 64 bit host OS, which means the older PGP's (without all the CA cert stuff) will run as it always has on previous OS's.

I have seen a bunch of screenshots and I like how xp mode programs interface directly into the 7 OS. So to use PGP I would simply click on an icon and I won't have to start a 32 bit VM. You can run things separately but for my use I wouldn't need to.

It looks slick and if it flops I am out a few hours of time. It would be nice to have access to 32 bit programs as needed. There are times 64 bit is a pain. I will say that 64 bit is sooooooo smooth though.

xp mode with PGP ---------------- > Has anyone here done this already and would you be willing to provide some feedback? The process looks easy but what is the outcomeo_O??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.