7 64 Pro in XPmode with PGP for privacy?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Palancar, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I am thinking about a little project for over the weekend. I am using gnuPG on a win 7 64 Pro box. Works OK. However; the GNU freebie is missing some of the slick features I like in actual PGP. I have been reading on the M$ site and an XP mode download is a freebie for my Pro and Enterprise boxes. XP mode runs in a 32 bit environment even on a 64 bit host OS, which means the older PGP's (without all the CA cert stuff) will run as it always has on previous OS's.

I have seen a bunch of screenshots and I like how xp mode programs interface directly into the 7 OS. So to use PGP I would simply click on an icon and I won't have to start a 32 bit VM. You can run things separately but for my use I wouldn't need to.

It looks slick and if it flops I am out a few hours of time. It would be nice to have access to 32 bit programs as needed. There are times 64 bit is a pain. I will say that 64 bit is sooooooo smooth though.

xp mode with PGP ---------------- > Has anyone here done this already and would you be willing to provide some feedback? The process looks easy but what is the outcomeo_O??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.