7.0 - Keep Secure Zone or start over somehow?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ezmerelda, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezmerelda

Ezmerelda Registered Member

I added a second internal harddrive this week for storage & backup purposes. I moved all my pics & documents from original drive C to new drive F. Today I used TI 7 for the first time.
    I made the boot CD first, as prompted.
    Then I created a Secure Zone partition on F for images of C to go in.
    Then I made the image of C and saved it to the Secure Zone on F.
    Then after seeing that the backup image was only 8GB in size I resized the Secure Zone from 60GB to 30GB.
    Everything went fine, no problems.

I created the Secure Zone partition because, well, it seemed like the right way to do it even though I wasn't sure I liked the idea of not being able to get to the images without Acronis. Now, I'm reading this forum and it seems that I should NOT have created the Secure Zone partition.

So, how would I go about undoing the partitioning and getting rid of the Secure Zone on F? Is it even possible or am I stuck with it now that I created it?
    Or should I just leave things alone as I am not expert on tech matters like this?

Thanks,

Ez

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ezmerelda,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that Acronis Secure Zone is specifically designed for safe storage of backups. It is hidden from the system, so backups cannot be corrupted by any harmful software. It also allows you to schedule backing up with advanced options. Please also note that Acronis Secure Zone was originally designed for those users who have one hard drive only. As you have another hard drive you may keep you image archives there without creating Acronis Secure Zone on that drive. You can learn more about Acronis Secure Zone in the chapter 3.2 “Acronis Secure Zone” of the respective User's Guide.

I can assume that the reason why other Forum members do not recommend to use Acronis Secure Zone is Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, which rewrites the MBR (Master Boot Record) with its own code, if activated. You may experience issues if you create Acronis Secure Zone and activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager on the detachable hard drive. I would recommend that you take a look at this FAQ article explaining the reason why we do not recommend creating Acronis Secure Zone on a detachable drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.