64 Bit Windows

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Can anyone tell me if Acronis True Image TrueImage11 supports 64-bit versions of Windows Vista? I see on their web site it says the only 64-bit version of windows that v2009 supports is XP Pro v2009.

Thanks!

2. atitlan

atitlan Registered Member

Dazed and Confused: this may not exactly be the answer for which you are looking, since I cannot speak directly to True Image 2009.

Rather, I have just about completed a very elaborate Vista 64-bit system and have been using True Image Echo Workstation with the Universal Restore plugin to back it up at each crucial step in its evolution. That is, I imaged the OS partition before the installation of each new (x64) driver and each (x64) utility.

When my crisis came — due to the insufferable and devastating uninstall routine of Nero 7 that hosed the system — Echo flawlessly restored Vista 64-bit to pre-Nero bliss in about 15 minutes.

Echo is an 'Enterprise' product and with Universal Restore will cost you more that the Home version. I believe its fewer 'bells and whistles' produce fewer bugs and headaches overall. Acronis will allow you to do a trial of the complete package per email request; and this a wise move to confirm that it is really compatible with the chipsets and drive array of your motherboard.

If you do go ahead with Echo, and if you are technically proficient, purchase Mustang's script for Echo on Vista PE and attempt to build yourself a Vista PE rescue disc. Then you'll possess a backup/restore/rescue system surpassed by none. I cannot sufficiently extol eSATA external drives for backups. Just remember that eSATA is hot-switchable only when Vista has been originally setup in AHCI mode and that this option must be set in BIOS prior to running the Vista installation. Otherwise, the eSATA drive must running at the time Vista boots.

Best of luck!

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Yes, Ti11 works with Vista64.

I have installed Ti11 under Vista 64bit and the tasks work without an issue.
    Until now :)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dazed_and_Confused,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home supports the following operating systems:

- Windows Vista (including x64 Edition);
    - Windows 2000 Professional SP4;
    - Windows XP SP2;
    - Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.