60-days-trial on a new pc

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quicko, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicko

quicko Registered Member

Maybe this is not the right forum for answering to this post, but I would like to know why NOD32 isn't offered as a 60-days-trial in computers such HP, IBM or Toshiba.
    These manufacturers always offer Sym****c Nor**n AntiVirus (which is a ProVirus, not an AntiVirus). Fujitsu-Siemens offers Norman.
    Hey Eset! At InfoSecurity Europe 2005 your stand (495) will be next to HP one (450): go there and try to establish a relationship! ;)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Eset has already a cooperation with Dell, Canon and Microsoft established.

3. Rieske

Rieske Registered Member

Plz some more info on that one. What's the deal?

4. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I was under the impression that Dell only offered its customers a choice of Norton or McAfee? At least when I ordered one recently that was the only choice I had (both trial subscriptions). I was finally able to order one with no AV included so that I didn't have to spend the time removing it.
    btw I just checked the Dell.com website and this is still the case for home and home office desktops.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. jayt

jayt Registered Member

ronjor, I don't think that was quite what quicko had in mind with his question.

7. quicko

quicko Registered Member

You are right, jayt.
    I post this question because in Italy, NOD32 is quiet unknown.
    Italians are "fashion victims" and since Norton is known better than NOD32, they prefer to use Norton. I agree that this is a bad habit.
    As a single reseller I cannot promote NOD32 without having support from Eset: I think that Eset could do something to market NOD32. It could support resellers giving them banners to put in the websites (in italian, because, italians are also "lazy" in learning other languages). Another way could be to offer NOD32 as a 60-days-trial in computers such HP, IBM or Toshiba...
    This is just a proposal.

8. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Well, I for one agree with you quicko--about offering it on trial basis from companies like Dell and Hp, etc. That is one of the ways that Norton and MaCaffee got to be so well known. But, of course, I have no way of knowing what the marketing people at Esset are doing or not doing in this regard. But it is an excellent suggestion on your part.

9. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

No, I don't think so.
    In Italy, compared to Symantec Antivirus, whichever AV is "quite unknown". This is not a problem that concerns NOD32 only.
    Sure, technical people do know very well that there are many other AVs. But the average PC user entering in a PC shop to purchase an AV will ask about SAV on 99% of the cases.

Anyway, this trend is changing. And it's changing quickly.
    At the moment, in Italy we built a reseller network which counts more than 1200 resellers spread in all Italy. And this network is growing every day. Now, many resellers get in touch with us because their customers directly asked for NOD32. So, this is the proof that NOD32 is becoming popular among end users also.

We made an agreement with Comex, a well known Italian PC vendor, which every year delivers more than 12000 computers having NOD32 in bundle. Soon, this agreement should be extended to notebooks also.

This year, we also made an agreement with Sermetra Spa, which delivered NOD32 to more than 2000 driving schools.

On the average, we deliver to our resellers running PC shops more than 4000 boxes every month.

Our advertising has been published (and it will published) on full page on 4 four different PC magazines at the same time. Every month. We make advertising on Google.it also.

The NOD32 trial has been published (and it will published) on many PC magazines. On the January 2005 issue of PC World Italy we gave for free a special issue of NOD32, valid for 4 months. This special promotion was a stunning success.

Eset is doing it. We are also doing it and we are "pushing" on the market as best as we can. And this is fairly demonstrated by our business: in 2004 it grew of 127%.
    But even Rome wasn't built in a day :)

ciao,
    Paolo.

P.S. Sei Renato di Quicko Soluzioni Informatiche?

10. quicko

quicko Registered Member

Ciao Paolo! Sì, sono io. La mia non voleva essere una critica, ma una proposta. Ora torno a scrivere in inglese ;)

I know that Rome wasn't built in a day, but I think that we all (as Eset, as Future Time and as a part of the italian resellers network) can do more to push NOD32.
    My proposal was and is aimed at promoting more NOD32.
    I had so many problems with SAV and just a few with NOD32: that's why I choose and propose NOD32 to customers.

11. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

Ciao Renato,

Nessun problema, Renato :)

After all, I think that this is exactly the key of the success: clever resellers can easily "educate" customers to purchase what they think is the best antivirus, tailored for their needs, and not what the "fashion" states about this issue :)

a presto,
    Paolo.

12. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well, in my opinion, ESET could spend more money here in Brazil.I just know 2 companies here that sell NOD32.If you tell someone about NOD32, they simply don´t know what you´re talking about.I tell everybody I know about NOD32, and I think is time to finish with things like:What do you like to drink: Coca-Cola.
    Antivirus: NAV.
    This way, maybe someday I could be a Nod32´s reseller. ;)
    It´s time to invest here in Brazil.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

13. NoPriceHike

NoPriceHike Guest

I am sorry to burst the posters bubble but Norton AV 2005 is a quite competent Anti-Virus it actually beat out NOD32 and came in #2 (next to KAV) in antivirus comparisson (FEB 2005). Plus the 2005 version offers a significant performance increase over it's predecessors. So the whole NORTON being CRAP ideology is gone.

14. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, what comparison are you refering to?

15. ZomboCom

ZomboCom Guest

16. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I saw it.

I don´t really think NOD32 only had that percentage.

Like I said:

Marketing:
    To drink, Coca-Cola and for Antivirus is Norton... :mad:

Best Regards,

DonKid.

17. brazilteam

brazilteam Eset Staff Account

Dear DonKid, really nice to see that even, according to you, with a small divulge, our hard work reach you :) Please visit Eset brazilian web site (www.eset.com.br) you can see, in right top corner, that new partners and reseller are do welcome. Please visit http://www.nod32.com.br/partners/cadastro/index.php, we do have interested in to have you, your company together with us to protect the brazilian market ;-) Thank you!

18. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Keep in mind too , something the tests do not show . REAL TIME scanning detection rates . If you will research , NOD consistantly beats out NAV . I must point out that I despise NAV . Never worked well for me as I used it for two years . That was a while back though . But , bad enough to make me never return . Realtime detection is critical . If you stop it there , on demand needs not find it .

19. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I´ve seen a lot our Brazilian site.
    I think we could have more stores in Sao Paulo to buy NOD32.
    Why don´t you set up a demonstration for example in a shopping center ?
    I´m an Info Exame subscriber and never saw a page about NOD32.

Hope you can improve it.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

P.S.

O Brasil ainda tem muito pra crescer e é o melhor lugar pra se viver.Basta o povo ter cosnciencia disso.

20. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I forgot one thing:

I read a lot here in this forum there are places when you renew your license, you have option to buy a 2 years license.
    I called your office once last year and you don´t have this option.So I asked when the time to renew comes if I could get a discount, and again the answer is not.
    I´m thinking about I´ll ask some friends of mine that lives in U.S., or Japan to buy a 2 years license for me, when I have to renew it.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

21. brazilteam

You can see the current brazilian prices in brazilian currency and compare with International prices in US dolars. Any way, the most important to us is supply you with NOD32 in best way to you. Please make yourself comfortable to choose the best way to buy NOD32 ;-)

About where to find NOD32 here it is a short cut: http://www.nod32.com.br/purchase/box.htm

As you may know these are very well know stores and can delivery NOD32 to you very quick and in a reliable way.

Best regards,

22. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

One of the main things DonKid was after is a "2 year renewal" license.

Do you offer this?

Cheers :D

23. brazilteam

Yes to multi users. To single users, just 1 year license is available currently. This decision is because few market peculiarities, here.

24. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Every computer I've ever worked on, gets up and dances with much faster responsiveness and speed once I remove NAV. When I remove NOD, I virtually notice no difference.
    I"ve also as of yet never had a compatibility problem with NOD playing fair with other programs &/or hardware... I can't say the same for NAV.

I"ve also never read about or witnessed "anybody" who came from NAV and went to NOD and decided they needed to go back... but I've seen many do the opposite?

No one is trying to bash any product.... I believe the term "bashing" entails exaggerating falsely or to engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism. The words accusatory and threaning both imply "non factual or non proven verbage" Def of bashing
    I'm not doing that... only what I personally have witnessed.

I will say I have witness few machines after being scanned with NAV, that NOD finds anything more... so that tells me NAV does a good job at finding viruses.....at least on the machines I"ve played with.

But again at what speed and what price in performance lag on the computer as a whole?
    Just how much money do you spend on your system in software as well has hardware to obtain lightening speeds?

If NAV was the only product available.. it would be awesome.. but thankfully there are better now.
    The term "better" means different things to different people based on thier own value system.

A tractor can pull as much as my car... but I would never take the tractor on the freeway!

I think the trial is a good move..... because the proof is in the pudding!

25. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I think here in Brazil, they could let burocracy away, and apply the same conditions around the world.
    And more marketing in newspapers, magazines, would help a lot to spread NOD32 here in Brazil.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.