5 minutes later & Avira Sec. Suite still won't update..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Straight Shooter, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrailVanGogh

GrailVanGogh Registered Member

Not a single update to Avira has caused the tray icon to disappear.
    I am using the full version that is free for 6 months.

Perhaps something else is conflicting with Avira updates.

Did you report the issue you are having?

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I guess the workweek starts a little early there in Germany. New update available: 4 files!

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yep. I reported it when it happened the first time and a several others said it was happening to them too. But Radu said he couldn't find any reference to this ever happening. He asked if it happened again for us to post and Avira would then look into it. He said if it was just one isolated instance of this then don't worry about it.

So, since this is the second time in less than a month this has happened, I posted just now at Avira forums about it.

http://forum.avira.de/thread.php?postid=246562#post246562

4. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

Everything's been running fine for the past couple of days.. Maybe it was a one time thing..

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

The problem with avgnt.exe and the tray icon disappearing after an update was found by Avira and fixed in the bug fix yesterday. :) Also fixed was the bug that allowed the user to kill avguard.exe once from Task Monitor after an update. Now Avira fully protects itself. Yesterday was a busy day at Avira as there were 7 updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.