5 ISO images to 1 DVD?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by betauser2, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how I can burn 5 ISO images to 1 DVD? (i.e steps and freeware)

I know I can search Google but I'm feeling a bit lazy today (waiting for the World Cup matches)

IVORY COAST COME ON!!!

Cheers

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Afaik, burning an ISO closes the disk (for any further burns) - so you can't.

If you find a way to do this, please do let me know!

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You can get software to combine the ISO images into one. Unfortunately I don't know of any, but there's quite a few Google hits on the subject, searching for "combine iso". You could also use software like ISO Buster (not free) to do so manually. Lastly, you could just burn the ISO images to DVD as files, then use a CD/DVD drive emulator, like Daemon Tools (just pay attention during install to leave out the toolbar), to mount each image as though they were actual CDs.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

One thing I know for sure. I can burn several files on a CD-R and use the same CD-R to burn another group of files. I use Nero to do this. So I can keep on adding files, until the CD-R is full.

5. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Well guys this is my my predicament. I want to install Linux. My friend has downloaded openSUSE (multiple CD installation ISO's) sometime last year. I really don't want to download the DVD version (that will take me days to do). In stead of burning the ISO images on 5 single CDs I wanted to know if I could burn them all into 1 DVD which I can use to install onto my PC.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

@Notok and ErikAlbert thanks I understand what you guys are saying. I should have been more specific.

@ PVK here's what I've found from magicISO's site[

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

+ I'm also looking for free software to do this. If anyone is unaware of any, then I don't mind a fully working trial, as I only need it once.

cheers

betauser2

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Like I say, there is software out there for combining ISOs into a single image...

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    There's a new SUSE out since last year, 10.1.
    It's much better than 10 - in my opinion, smoother and faster, better hardware optimization. I warmly recommend you download the new version, even if it takes a lot of time.
    Mrk

10. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Write 5 iso file in 1 dvd, files must be in .iso format. After that you can mount them to a virtual drive. This is the only way i know.

11. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

@ WSFuser great minds think alike

@ Mrkvonic I may do that after the world cup ends (no promises though)

@ Mrhero Yes, I think this is the way

Cheers everyone! You've been very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.