4.2.58.3: MS FixIt Says I Have Suspended ESET Installation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

XP Media Ctr / ESS 4.2.58.3 / --------- KB 2219475 FixIt App for a (Windows) "Help" Security issue Stopped processing and states [I have a suspended ESET Install, I must Undo the Changes. Do I want to?]....................

Prior to that I posted in another Thread the following re: Install FREEZE while loading new files upgrading to 4.2.58.3 From 4.2.40 (All Other Security Apps were Exit-ed or Real-Time Disabled incl AVG LinkScanner and Secunia PSI) : ...................

[ "Edit: Successful Safe Mode Uninstall, Re-Boot, Install Attempt again. Install FROZE (again) on "Remove Backup Files"; Hard Shutdown; back-on, ESET Boot-up Screen Appears; Virus Signature Update Error appears when I Opened ESS and All I had to do was Enter ID and P-Wd -- and it works. Makes No Sense to me!" ] (note: ESS Updates worked today & all "appears" OK.)....................

Per the MS FixIt App message and my install Freezes, what should I do next (regular Uninstall OR Safe Mode Again), OR something else? I have the July 11 Safe Mode Uninstaller Log as needed. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. COSMO26

While it's disappointing no Moderator chose to help, I have since run Un-Installer twice again (making them #s 2 & 3/#2 showed No AV to Un-Install) and Re-Install again and received a "new" No Administrator Rights Error with Firewall failure to go with the "there's a suspended ESET Install" error noted by the MS FixIt App .

My situation included much of what is in this other post on the 4.2.58 Upgrade EXCEPT I'm XP Media Ctr and he's W7 - 64:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=276715

I completed the ESET Online Customer care Request and thought I saw where a "completed" pop-up would appear - it has not, BUT I'll wait to see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Running the ESET Uninstall tool removes all traces of the installed ESET products. It'll be necessary to analyze the uninstall tool log as well as the installation log created per the instructions here.

4. COSMO26

Edit 7-16-10: Today produced Red ESET Eye; I have made the (today's) Safe Mode Uninstall Log and the Special Registry-Mod'd Install Log and am waiting for ESET Sppt to Reply to a SPPT Request and instructions where to Send the Logs. The latest Install FROZE AGAIN at RemoveBackup Files BUT the ESET Eye is Green for now. ESET Shows in Start / All Programs THIS Install where it DID NOT yesterday. End Edit..............

Thanks, Marcos. I'll, wait to see if the Cust Svc Request I made actually made it through the system before I Double-send something. I didn't send the Special Log, only the Standard Uninstall log.

I did another Safe Mode uninstall, Deleted AVG LinkScanner because avgnsx.exe remained active in Process Explorer even when the App was Exit-ed, and the Install FROZE again on "Remove Backup Files", BUT everything Works and Updates fine. ESET does Not, however, show in Start/All Programs.

Thanks again for the reply.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. COSMO26

My 7-16-10 Frozen Install at approx 90% (Froze at Removing Backup Files) did well until today's Re-boot after Updating iTunes. "No Firewall" Error Msg and egui.exe Did NOT Load the ESET Eye in Sys Tray. ESET is NOW not in Start/All Programs.

No Reply from Two in-App Customer Request Attempts (one the Preferred Req - 2nd was the other Option offered.

4.2.40 is NOT Offered as an Alt Download and anything earlier is Not Acceptable. The Safe Mode Uninstall.Log and the Registry Mod'd ffff Install Log are Available IF I can ever get ESET Sppt's Response.

I am the 2nd to post about Freezes at Removing backup Files.

Any ideas to gain Help will be appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  6. COSMO26

Be advised ESET SPPT thinks that PAID MBAM within the last month is causing / or a big part of a Conflict with ESS Ver Updates such as 4.2.58.

My situation with the ESS Update Freeze at "Removing Backup Files" was FIXED by ESET Support doing some Remote Uninstalling with the belief that "parts" of one or more several Safe-Mode Uninstalls I did (& Re-Install attempts) may have remained in the computer (I think that's what he said).

My Fix included Deleting any Plug 'n Play Drivers with "e" in them, and eamon and ekrn were deleted via Command Prompt per Tech Sppt's instructions. Registry Deletes also made for a very thorough Cleaning to erase all of the garbage accumulated by my 5 Safe Mode Uninstall / Re-installs.

Disabling Real-Time in MBAM served No Purpose & I had to Uninstall MBAM. With ESS Re-installed AFTER the MBAM Uninstall - & THEN MBAM Re-installed -the MBAM Conflict should NOT occur on the next ESS Ver Update per ESET Sppt - Tony a great guy and much Help!!

FYI to any having this issue -

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.