4.0.437 says definition files are outdated when they're not

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gugarci, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

I've experience the following problem now 2 time recently during a power loss after restarting my PC. I'm using 4.0.437.

The battery in my mother board is dead and when we loose power the computer's date and clock always set itself back to Sept of 03. What's been happening of late is after fixing the clock and date Eset will turn orange to tell warned me that my definition files are out of date.

But if you look at the current definition files from withing the Eset GUI the files are not outdated they are current. Also the date of the last successful update for the definition files will show an older incorrect date.

When this happens If i try to have Eset check for updates manually it will try to connect but it never completes the task. It just hangs there for ever like it's trying to connect.

I've solved this situation twice now using system restore. But I was wondering if anyone else has experience this issue before. I'm thinking of trying to clear the update cache next time to see if it solves anything. But I might have tried this before without success, but I'm not 100% sure if I did.
    Thanks.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Why not replace the battery in the board :) It takes 5 minutes and costs 50pence / $1.

Going through the system restore option is a sledghammer to crack a nut...

Jim

3. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

I'm going to do that but this is something that shouldn't be happening anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.