3rd party driver support?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by john_bunton, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_bunton

john_bunton Guest

I have a Promise SX4000 Raid controller that requires it's driver to see / access my hard drives. I recently lost my partition and wanted to restore rom my acronis image, so I installed Windows into a new directory (on C:\ - not thinking) and installed acronis, created bootable media (since I couldn't restore to the "in use" partition) and booted thinking I had the problem solved. However, since Acronis didn't include the Promise driver when it created the bootabl media it DOESN'T SEE ANY HARD DRIVES and can't restore ...

Is there a way to create bootable media including 3rd party scsi drivers like this so I can restore my data or is Acronis just not up to the task? Don't tell me I chose the wrong program!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

We are really sorry for your inconveniences.

We regret to inform you that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support Promise SX4000 RAID controller when running in the standalone mode. The only possible workaround is to connect this hard disk drive to another computer with Acronis True Image installed under Windows operating system and restore the image using Acronis True Image installed on it.

Our Development Team tries to do all that they can in order to support as many devices in the standalone mode as possible. The main obstacle is that Acronis bootable rescue media is based on Linux and there are no open source drivers for all devices. Our developers are planning to add support for Windows PE in the future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.