3677 doesn't see my sata drives on recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jspaleta, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jspaleta

jspaleta Registered Member

I used 3666 with no problems, but when I upgraded to 3677, and boot to recovery console, or just do a restore from windows it doesn't see any hard drives, and I get an error. I have two sata drives. Why would 3666 work great, but not 3677?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jspaleta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that probably during the installation of the new build in Windows the Acronis Drives that are responsible for I/O operations were not installed properly for some reasons. Therefore, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

As for the Acronis True Image Bootable CD please make sure that the bootable CD is create with the latest build 3677 of .

If the issue persists, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If your hard drives are still not recognized then the problem is most likely caused by the lack of the appropriate drivers for your particular hardware devices. In this case, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of the hard drives you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please note that a possible workaround is to use Bart PE based CD containing Acronis True Image plug-in. This CD allows you to boot your computer into a Windows like environment adding the appropriate drivers for your hardware. There should not be any problems recognizing your hard drives in case of using Bart PE based CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.