360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I need to update my signaure. 360 TS was the only antivirus I had installed. I have some other security software installed too, such as as MBAM and Zemana but i have real time protection disabled in them.

2. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

OK, so on the top of my head, I'm thinking the cause of the lag:
    1: Obviously high CPU usage
    2: A huge RAM memory hog/leak, something having abnormally amount of MB/GB...
    3: Moderate to heavy duty HDD grinding Read/Write I/O
    4: Something other than TS is checking for stuff in realtime, same thing at the same time.

Please install Process Hacker 2, grant kernel driver installation [if prompt by 360 HIPS, grant all], then sort by CPU, RAM [Processes] and DISK [Disk I/O average]

Then screenshot me so that I can see what stands out most of the time.

3. roger_m

Thanks for the quick reply. At the moment I'm trying a different antivirus but I will try to switch back to 360 TS at some point soon.
    However, with regards to your points:
    1: There was no significant CPU use at the time.
    2: RAM use was not excessive. I've got 8GB of RAM installed and memory usage never exceeds about 60%.
    3: I believe there was no high disk usage at the time. I didn't check this, but if you read my comments below, you will see that it is highly unlikely that this was an issue.
    4: This should not have been happening. 360 TS was the only software installed using real time protection.

Finally, 360 TS was extremely light. Aside from the keyboard lag, my system was running really fast. Also, I mentioned that 360 TS cleaned 360 Extreme Explorer's cache (which had never been cleaned before), which surprisingly made it much faster. For example when I paged up and down through rather "heavy" websites such as eBay or Facebook, it was a bit slow (Edge was much faster). Now, it is much faster and smoother, which I would say is due to the cache being cleaned. Although, perhaps one the services 360 TS disabled to make my computer faster was the cause - although I highly doubt it). If there had been excessive disk usage, 360 Extreme Explorer would not have run so smoothly.

So, 360 caused lag when typing, but otherwise my system was running very fast. I was previously running Tencent PC Manager, and the system impact was very similar between the two.

4. GakunGak

Would you do me a huge favor? I'd really appreciate this :)
    Download Driver Booster, it's free [not exactly, but install free version]. Update any/all drivers you might have updating.
    Restart, remove present antivirus and install 360 TS again. Thanks :)

BTW, I am also looking at pairing 360 with comodo cloud along with zemana antikeylogger all in realtime just to see how they handle themselves :)

5. roger_m

I've been using it for some time now, and all my drivers were already updated. I have the same lag issue with Webroot SecureAnywhere, but not with any other antivirus.

6. GakunGak

I'm out of ideas at the moment. To expedite this, contact support@360safe.com and copy/paste our chat in the message and post PC specs and what you have running [basically your signature].
    If someone does not contact you within two days, let me know and I'll see to it you get help with this.

7. roger_m

Thanks for the continued help. Before I contact 360, I am going to install 360 TS again and do some of my own troubleshooting. For example, I ran DriverView from Nirsoft and it found that there is a driver from Baidu antivirus still runninng, even though I uninstalled Baidu long ago.

8. GakunGak

In the device manager, look for hidden drivers [view>show hidden devices].
    Uninstall any not in use.

9. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi GakunGak

Over the last couple of months or so members of this forum, including myself, have suggested a number of changes or found issues that need rectifying. As yet I am not seeing any changes, just the same 360 Qihoo TS Essentials version.

Any ideas when there will be an update?

Thanks

Terry

10. roger_m

I tried doing a clean boot yesterday (booting with all startup items and not Microsoft services disabled), and it made no difference. I just removed all hidden dveices (over 100) using Device Manager and Driver Booster, and will try 360 TS again when I get a chance.

11. GakunGak

Please, kindly remind me of those changes and/or issues that remain unresolved, and I'll get right on it, thanks.

Ok, let me know how it goes :)

12. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi GakunGak

Your reply in post 2136 refers:
    "Please, kindly remind me of those changes and/or issues that remain unresolved, and I'll get right on it, thanks."

Rather than write a very copious email, please read:

Posts, 2071, 2072, 2074, 2075, 2076, 2079, 2081

Posts 2118 through to 2123 inclusive (Firefox & Microsoft Edge) In regards to Firefox you said consider it done!!

Thanks Terry

13. GakunGak

#2071-2081: I'll follow up on this. [remind to self, sandbox, keystrokes].
    #2118-2113: It is still work in progress. If all goes well, next update should fix Firefox and/or Edge.

I'll do my best to push pending issues until 29th this month before I leave.

14. roger_m

I did a cleanup on my computer. Then I installed a couple more driver updates with Qihioo's 360 Driver Manager, which included replacing the generic High Definiton Audio driver from Microsoft with an (older) official OEM driver from HP. I tried 360 TS again after than and it seemed there was less lag than when I tried it last.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. GakunGak

We are not talking about this bad boy, aren't we?
    http://www.360.cn/qudongdashi/index.html?src=tab

16. roger_m

17. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Do it in english lan?

18. roger_m

It's only in Chinese. However, don't really need to be able to read Chinese to use it.

19. GakunGak

Klaatu barada nikto.
    Ok then. Have fun with it, but you won't get support for that particular product as it is not intended for worldwide use.

In fact, anything that does not have English user interface is not intended for worldwide use. Either at all or yet, that is up to the management.

20. roger_m

That's fine, I don't need any support when it comes to updating drivers.

21. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

22. tgell

tgell Registered Member

8.8.0.1057Sep 1, 2016
    • Added: Premium Membership
    • Fixed: Bug fixes
    What is Premium Membership?

23. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

24. LunarWolf

LunarWolf Registered Member

No I don't think so. Take a look. http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=434652360.png http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=434652360.png
    http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=434652360.png

If they are forcing us to pay and showing ads, they can say goodbye.

@GakunGak care to explain what's happening?

25. roger_m

I had a look at the screenshot, and I don't see anything about being forced to pay. From the look of the picture, it would seem that you can pay and not see any advertising, or continue to use 360 for free if you don't mind seeing ads. Around $10 a year is much cheaper than just about any other security software, so I don't see the big deal. While I don't use 360 TS amymore, it is one of the very few security products I would actually consider buying, as I would never pay money for a product that slows down my computers, which rules out just about all antiviruses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.