360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

SUA by its nature is very limited in giving security programs is freedom. There might be a few hack'n'slash workarounds floating around regarding kernel and patch guard and overcoming some 64 bit restrictions. I'll look into it and if i find some tech documentation on this, I'll see with engineers what can be done. If I'm lucky, I'll get back by the end of next week.
    Any Comodo users here, does their sandbox/virtualization work under SUA? Real virtual, not process restriction thing.

2. GakunGak

For you firewall guys wanting outbound control, maybe you could look at this and see if it has what you need. Sometimes, simplicity is for the best :)
    http://www.binisoft.org/wfc.php

3. Roger_

Roger_ Registered Member

I have been repairing / reinstalling a friend's laptop and installed 360 Total Security 3 days ago.
    Today, just after starting up, the process QHActiveDefense started taking a full CPU core all the time.
    I checked its threads with Process Explorer and saw the culprit was 360SafeCamera.
    So I turned the camera protection off and it went back to normal CPU load.

Is there a clue for this issue, a bug or a conflict?

Just notice that I did run run Windows Update just yesterday (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits).

Thanks in advance.

4. WuXeS

WuXeS Registered Member

Oh yeah, it seems I was confused about the settings (real time vs on demand) and I didn't disable the BD engine for real time. The whole thing is sitting at 40-50 MB atm, which seems just fine to me.

Is BD worth the extra 200ish MB for the real time protection it provides on top of the built-in engine? How about Avira?

5. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

I am a new user of 360 Total Security Essentials on Win 10. I decided to install the 360 Internet Protection Extension to both Chrome and Opera. When installed I checked the extension settings and it says (for both Chrome and Opera) Upgrade to latest version of 360 Total Security then the benefits of the addon will be fully functional.

My version of 360 Total Security Essentials is 8.2.0.1039 which I understand is the latest version.

When it says upgrade to 360 Total Security it does not mention Essentials.

Does this mean I have to go to the fuller version of 360 Total Security or will it work with Essentials. If it will work with Essentials why am I being asked to upgrade and directed to the Fuller version website?

Thanks

Terry

6. GakunGak

Just popping in real quick, i should be back on Saturday or Sunday and answer all outstanding questions and issues. Thanks for understanding.

7. TerryWood

Hi All

I am new user of 360 Total Security Essentials and I would like to use it with Shadow Defender in a virtualised environment, and at the same time have 360 updated by putting into Shadow Defender exclusions to allow permanent updates for program, Virus Definitions (360, BitDef & Avira). Can anyone tell me which 360 Total Security Essentials files/folders need to be used for updating/excluding in Shadow Defender.

Thanks

Terry

8. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

On my PC browsers work OK in Comodo Sandbox virtualization in SUA. The only issue is that browsers got very slow when I use MBAE.

9. hungerkraehe

hungerkraehe Registered Member

I tried to uninstall 360. So far so good. But there are leftovers after the uninstallprocess. Specially a folder called $360Section. When I try to delete that, my PC do not boot anymore. Any suggestions to get rid of?

10. TerryWood

Hi All

I refer to my previous post (2030) and, in the absence of a reply to it, decided to install the full version of Total security to test whether the browser addons (360 Internet Protection Extension to both Chrome and Opera) would work. The answer is mostly no. For some reason the browsers do not remember the settings, that is, on the browser app, there is a slider to activate internet protection. On browser shutdown on most banking sites I use (:cool: this setting is lost and has to be reset. This applies also to Shopping sites. One exception is Banco Sabadell which retains its settings and gives more information and retains its settings.

I have also sent three emails to support, none have been replied to. Yes I know its free, but what is the point of free if it does not work and one cannot get any help from the development team. Still waiting here for some help!!! 360 TS does not seem ready for prime time to me.

Any help still welcome.

Terry

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm using 360 TS again, just as an on demand scanner. I have both the Aivra and Bitdefender engines disabled, as I'm alrrady using antivirus software which uses those engines.

I'm mainly using it because the junk file cleanup finds a lot more junk than other cleaners. It just cleaned 7GB from my system. However, I will be running virus scans from time to time.

12. GakunGak

Is the problem still persists? If so, let me know and it will be squashed.
    If you have extra RAM to spare, sure. False positives may occur on security profile, but if you can handle that, then extra protection is worth it. Choose protection mode that does not slow down your
    daily working.
    Install extensions via Settings>Active Protection in 360 TS settings page.
    On the top of my head, but I'll check for additional folders
    C:\Program Files (x86)\360
    C:\ $ 3 6 0 Section [together, for some reason this is disorted when writing]
    C:\360SANDBOX
    C:\ProgramData\360Quarant
    C:\ProgramData\360safe
    C:\ProgramData\360TotalSecurity
    C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\360TotalSecurity\
    C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\360safe\

Thank you.

Install again, reboot, regular uninstall via program. If same thing happens again, install again, reboot, install Revo Uninstaller, then advanced uninstall via that program.
    Do this exactly. If problem occurs again, let me know.

They should work. visit ebay, amazon, steam page. Regardless of slider on or off, it should kick in automatically [seen by a popup in lower right part of the screen scanning running processes].

uninstall extensions and install via 360 Total GUI [settings>active protection] and try again.

13. TerryWood

Hi GakunGak

Thank you very much for your comprehensive set of replies.

1) I did not understand your comment "C:\ $ 3 6 0 Section [together, for some reason this is disorted when writing]" in post 2037. Could you clarify. Thanks.

2) I have installed the 360 Internet Protection add on from within 360 Total Security, but I still have the same problem many shopping or banking sites do not function. On those that do not function there is no scanning of running processes.

Thanks

Terry

14. GakunGak

The problem was my Chrome Currency Converter addon, so the dollar was converting to euro sign.
    That's the location of the folder,
    Code:
    C:\$360Section
    Please provide list of shopping and banking sites you see protection is not working, thanks.

15. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

16. TerryWood

Hi GakunGak

Could you reply to my post 2030 please:-

"I am a new user of 360 Total Security Essentials on Win 10. I decided to install the 360 Internet Protection Extension to both Chrome and Opera. When installed I checked the extension settings and it says (for both Chrome and Opera) Upgrade to latest version of 360 Total Security then the benefits of the addon will be fully functional.

My version of 360 Total Security Essentials is 8.2.0.1039 which I understand is the latest version.

When it says upgrade to 360 Total Security it does not mention Essentials.

Does this mean I have to go to the fuller version of 360 Total Security or will it work with Essentials. If it will work with Essentials why am I being asked to upgrade and directed to the Fuller version website?"

Thanks

Terry

17. TerryWood

Hi GakunGak

Reference posts 237, 238 & 239.

In respect of the Internet Protection Extension that does not work correctly on my system and your comments.

1) I reinstalled the Extension from within 360 Total Protection Essentials. I disabled ALL other extensions. I reinstalled three separate times with the same results as below.

2) I checked many, many shopping and banking websites, almost all failed.

This is what happened:-

SHOPPING
    Amazon and ebay worked OK with the scan showing bottom right of the screen

The following are a sample of the many that did not work
    expansys.com
    amp3.co.uk
    play-asia.com
    rakuten.com
    hive.co.uk

BANKING

BancSabadell (Spanish bank) worked OK with scan showing in bottom right corner of screen.

The following are major British Banks and/or Building Societies that did not work ie no scan

HSBC.co.uk
    NatWest.com
    nsandi.com
    ybs.co.uk
    co-operativebank.co.uk
    barclays.co.uk
    lloydsbank.com

IN ADDITION when you click on the 360 Icon in the browser bar up pops a message ---360 Internet protection has been installed successfully. New features will take effect after upgrading to the latest version of 360 Total Security.

I retried many times varying the order, but only the named sites above functioned correctly. The rest did not scan and showed the message above. I also tried shutting down the browser (opera and Chrome) after each institution was loaded (either shopping or banking).

If it is a problem with my machine I need your help.

Thank you

Terry

18. TerryWood

Hi GakunGak

Forgot to confirm that Total security Essentials version is: 8.2.0.1039

Terry

19. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Terry, I have 360TS installed and your sites are not flagged by the extension. I assume the 360 list only has the major sites such as e.g., Paypal, Ebay, listed. With that in mind I'm now thinking it would be nice to be able make your own custom list. I hadn't noticed this limitation before - slowing down.

20. TerryWood

Hi langh

Appreciate your comments. I thought it was just me. Over to 360??

Terry

21. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I uninstalled the 360 extension and added ublock origin (gorhill, the dev, does a great job keeping it updated, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/) with the adguard filters as suggested by Kees, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-86#post-2600954, English and Spyware. https://filterlists.com/. Kees knows what he is talking about.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  22. TerryWood

Hi langh

Thanks for that. I just followed your lead. Pity about 360 Internet Protection though.
    Terry

23. tgell

tgell Registered Member

On the bank sites and shopping sites 360 does not detect you can manually switch on shopping protection where it will scan for any process that acts like malware. It will not verify the site as it normally does on a bank site it recognizes though.

https://s32.postimg.org/wcucrhjr9/Capture.jpg

24. TerryWood

Hi tgell

Surely this is NOT what was intended when the extension was designed to work with 360 TS. The thing that irks me somewhat is that one is led to great expectations via the extension and 360 TS websites about what it does, but, nowhere does it say that its capacity is extremely limited to a few sites (if my experience is anything to go by). The idea is very good, the delivery is very poor. This Antivirus from Qihoo is aimed at many markets so it is truly astonishing that none of the major British Banks are covered by 360 Internet Protection. In fact I would say that it is embarrassing for Qihoo and diminishes the credibility of 360 TS.

25. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I think 360 has to manually add these sites to there code unfortunately. For example, the newly open Goldman Sachs online bank is also not detected.
    gsbank.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.