360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Avira is lighter than bitdefender but u dont need the extra engines. Just try and install it. better test it urself instead of ask all this questions. it can behave not the same from system to system. if u dont like it or feel it slows down ur laptop simply uninstall it.

Qihoo is autopudating but it have a delay,sometimes some weeks but it is not needed to updated always the same day to the newer version if the old version works without problems u can just wait untill it get auto updated.

2. metmichallica

metmichallica Registered Member

3. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Does any one have current information as to when / if 360 Total security will support clone versions of Chrome and Firefox when it comes down to the download scanning? I asked it a while ago but since then they added download scanning for Opera and Yandex, but no others? I personally use SlimJet and Cyberfox, and I just do not understand why they still have not made it work for browser clones?

4. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

I could nudge something their way....

If you (and others) agree, I could see to it to have some sort of http/https "interceptor" type of process, which would monitor web browser [probably add "browse to" custom web browser], which would "eliminate" this "my favorite browser is not supported" thing?

I believe it can be done, in a few release versions from now.....

5. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Although I have no idea how that would work, ( I am no programmer. ) but that would be great if it could be done like that.

6. GakunGak

I believe Symantec did it. I think they even called it "extensionless" web protection.

NOTE: This is not a vs b, just information :)

7. redmed

redmed Registered Member

I have been using 360 Total Security for about a month now and keep finding new things about it. The most surprising was the little version oval in the left bottom corner, apparently one needs to click on this oval to initiate a update. I have been using this with a old version for the last month not knowing I need to manually update. Is there a instruction manual or FAQ for 360 Total Security?

8. GakunGak

Most probably you'd find youtube guides on how to use the program which should be explained very well.
    If not, I will see to provide one eventually in the very near future.

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It can be done via a WinSock, or NDIS, or WFP driver in newer versions of Windows (Vista and above) AFAIK.

10. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Could someone tell me what "Online Shopping Mode" exactly do?
    Pop-up with this information shows on some websites (but not on my bank), and I'm not sure what security measures this layer offers

11. GakunGak

Online shopping mode is designed to provide the highest level of protection while the user is performing online transactions or browsing online shopping and banking sites. When this mode is enabled, 360 Total Security locks down operating systems to prevent any threats or unknown applications that might hijack online shopping sites or intercept online transactions.
    Source:
    http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/help/
    Subsection>Product specification

12. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Thanks for answer, unfortunately still is quite not specify in details what they understand by "to prevent any threats or unknown applications that might hijack online shopping sites or intercept online transactions". I mean what more than standard is turned on when I' m visiting such site.
    Anyway it would be nice if I can add my own site to list of shopping sites, as many polish bank sites is not detected by 360ts.

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

I also have been using 360 for a while now. I found that it tells ya it need 4GB of memory to use Bitdefender and Avira engines and suggest ya use the balanced option. If one clicks on the Protection on and then the configure you will see the balanced option. Right clicking the Icon at the bottom left corner will bring up a menu containing check for updates. For those who have it SuMo will also indicate updates available for this product.

Always,
    Wildman

14. greyowl

greyowl Registered Member

Wow! That is a lot of memory. I had considered using it on an old laptop, but the laptop only has 1.5 mb of RAM so it couldn't handle this. I don't think it would be a very good AV without either BD or Avira engines turned on.

15. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

1.5 mb of ram ? I think you mean 1.5 gb

16. greyowl

greyowl Registered Member

Yes, you are right-- 1.5 GB RAM.

17. GakunGak

Please confirm you require technical details, and I will see what I can do to dig them up.
    Also, be kind to provide a list of banking sites not under protection by Qihoo, thanks.

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but you could try and, well, switch on, say, Avira only and see how it plays :)
    If you are going risky, use sandbox just in case. If something goes bad, crank up the security profile, do a full scan, switch to balanced mode.

It should be capable on using Qihoo only engines. But you could add HitmanPro/Malwarebytes on demand on weekend days, when no one is using the machine, for a quickie [quick scan].
    Or install some cloud antivirus.
    What I'd do, though, is start learning linux and install this bad boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199ASFJYrXc
    I am confident in my claim that you will find the machine much faster to use, and not worry about antivirus, defrag or anything else that requires machine management. And it is the light version on the system.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  18. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Just a quick question, is Qihoo thinking of adding a option to whitelist programs / files etcetera in the Speed up and Clean tabs of 360 TS? Till now a few files show up in the clean up and speed up parts, now all of those are by default not selected, but it would be nice if people could whitelist programs in those two tabs of 360 TS. That way they will no longer show and will not cause a problem. ( Should one accidentally select them any way? )

Or is there already such an option and have I not seen it for some freaky reason. :)

19. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Hi,

Most (if not all) polish bank sites are not yet covered by 360ts protecion.
    Some examples:
    http://www.aliorbank.pl/pl/
    https://www.citibankonline.pl/PLGCB/JPS/portal/SignonLocaleSwitch.do?locale=pl_PL
    http://www.pekao.com.pl
    https://www.ingbank.pl
    https://moj.multibank.pl
    http://inteligo.pl
    It would be nice feature, if you could add your own custom site to this list from GUI.

I was curious what exactly 360ts is offering in this mode. Is the program block all internet traffic outside banking site, or it check dns and so on, or encrypt entered keys and so on? It would be good for 360 from PR - side to underline this layer of security in their websites and information, as many of 360 features are hard to discover by normal users and most of users are even not aware of this enhanced protection mode

20. GakunGak

The request already exists for this, but I will send this suggestion again, thanks for reminding me!!!
    I will send it now.

I will forward this information right this moment. I will let you know ANY reply I've got.

21. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Thank you GakunGak.

22. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

but it has been some weeks. like i said the latest is v6.6.0.xxxx and yet my pc's were still on v6.0.0.xxxx !!!o_O i don't believe i've ever seen another av software took so long to update when there's a major update. minor updates like added languages i can understand but going from v6.0 to v6.6, surely there's some bugs fixed? btw i just remember there's another major update in between, v6.2.

GakunGak, maybe you should ask Qihoo about this issue?

23. tgell

tgell Registered Member

If you have Total Security and not TSE click on the icon in the system tray and then click on the version number in the lower left. You should get the update to the new program. I have v6.0.0 for TSE and that still does not update to the latest version. I think the new version of TSE only fixes a language issue but I can't be sure on that.

24. GakunGak

Think nothing of it :)

@tk55 for some reason I can't quote you. No problem, I will do so right away! Thanks for reporting this!

@tgell I shall do the same for TSE, thanks for reporting this!

25. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Okay the new version of TS now automatically checks the box of Smart Defrag, and I do not want that to happen. I installed Smart Defrag for a reason, and it also makes using the Full check option of TS obsolete for me. GakunGak I know you forwarded my question on this already but this is something that QiHoo needs to address fast. Not just for me, that would be ridiculous ... but for all users of 360 TS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.